Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only got 1 Month of Premium instead of 3 for 1 Month

Solved!

Only got 1 Month of Premium instead of 3 for 1 Month

Hello all,

when I heard of the 3 Month for 1 promotion, I thought "yep, that's it, I'm gonna try it". So I went to DM (a german retail seller) to buy a 10€ giftcard. When I tried to activate the promotion it said, it's probably the wrong gift card (e.g. unlimited instead of premium). On the gift card, it says only 10€ so I think I can spend it on whatever I want within Spotify, don't I?

Nevertheless, I went on to the page stated on the backside of the giftcard (spotify.com/redeem) to activate it and just to realize that they gave me only 1 Month of premium.

However, when I see the advertisement in very big letters that I should get 3 for 1, you might understand that I'm a little bit p*ssed off right now.. Hope to get this fixed.. Otherwise it will be clearly my last premium^.^

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@field2west As you've never had Premium before, you should have received the 2 months extra. 

I can see your case has come through, so you should hear back shortly. We'll get it sorted.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey!

If you could email the support team here, we'll be able to get it all sorted for you.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've fallen for the same scam, and there's nothing Spotify will do to make it right. It clearly says get a month and get 3 month instead but it only applies if you haven't had premium or the free trial before. It doesn't mention it in the text nor is there a link to the ToU, it's a huge scam and false advertisement.  

Here is my post in another thread about this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Holiday-Premium-offer-3-months-for-p...

It's not a scam. Simply email the team in the link I posted above, and we'll get it sorted.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have emailed the team and here is my answer: 

"Hallo Omid,

Danke für deine Nachricht.

Dieses Angebot ist nur auf Konten, die nie Premium benutzt haben, erhältlich.

Du hast auf diesem Konto am 2013-03-20 09:41 das 30 Tage probe Abo erstellt. Deshalb ist es leider nicht möglich dieses Angebot zu nutzen.

Wenn du noch mehr Fragen hast, kannst du dich jederzeit wieder melden.

Beste Grüße,

Gvido"

Which means that I've used the free trial hence not eligible for the offer and there's nothing they can do. I don't even understand how a FREE OFFER can cross me out for another offer.

So, I wrote a mail to the team. I haven't used the free trial, so maybe it'll work in my case, but nevertheless, the conditions of the promotions should be stated more clearly, I think. The reason for the promotion is to get people from free users to premium users, not making them unhappy and never come back as paying customer 😉

As soon as I get an answer, I will post it here.

Have a happy new year!

Marked as solution

@field2west As you've never had Premium before, you should have received the 2 months extra. 

I can see your case has come through, so you should hear back shortly. We'll get it sorted.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got my account changed and can now enjoy the full 3 months as advertised.

Thanks to Spotify for the quick response and action!

I sadly fall for this scam? too. I would not have bought Premium without this offer.

The scam does not lie in your ToS (AGB) but it lies in directly offering it to me while I am logged in, without any sign that the offer does not count for me. How could I know?

Angebot_Screen

The offer it directly to ME (with the German "du") while I am logged in. So they should know better.

Where can I see one hint, that the offer does not count for me?

@cody0902 If you click on the button in the center of the page, the next page will tell you that you're not eligible.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Do you mean the Arrow or the "Hol dir Premium"? Because I clicked "Hol dir Premium" and payed the 9,99€ and I did not saw any warning.

hello i got the same problem they said i get 2 months free if i bought 1 month so i bought a 10€ card in the shop but my 1 month premium is ended and didn't get my 2 months extra 😞 please help me

Gift cards can only be redeemed for one month of premium or two months of umlimited I'm afraid and can't be used for any promotions which need a recurring payment method to be registered.

so why they advert to get 3 months for only the price for 1 if i did not get it. i want my money back or the 2 months extra i think im scammed.

can anyone help me out here i never bought premium before. and i want to continue listening music but i'm a bit disapointed spotify don't contact me and ignores me with the email.

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

alright thanks i try, do you know what email spotify got? cuz i think i cannot reply the auto mail

You can reply to the email - don't worry that it's a no-reply address.

i sent like 40 minutes ago a email and they didn't answered it yet do you know how long it wil take?

Now you replied your case will be in the queue and they'll reply as soon as they can. They aim to get back to everyone within 24 hours.

Suggested posts