Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for premium but haven't got it

Solved!

Paid for premium but haven't got it

I have just updated from free to premium, I have paid but it hasn't updated?!!

Please help!

415 Replies

ive had the response

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

twice now, and you keep saying to email them so I literally do not what to do, I have the same problem as everyone else it says i have spotify free but i have paid for premium, i have logged out and back in many times, I've even restared my computer and still nothing! HELP!

Hollykeeling - Reply to this message, and your case will come through.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello, I just upgraded to spotify premium. However it is not recogizing it on my android phone. Please help, Thankyou. my Username is 1260459631

@Reginan1949 wrote:

Hello, I just upgraded to spotify premium. However it is not recogizing it on my android phone. Please help, Thankyou. my Username is 1260459631

Have you logged out and in since the upgrade? You may also need to reinstall the app.

But to confirm, I can see your account is definitely on the Premium service at the moment.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am experiencing the same issue, After my VISA card was invalid, i got into free mode and reached the limit of 10 hours of listening. I've paid for premium now (twice) and, my subscription says

"You have an active Spotify Unlimited subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged 49,00 kr on 2013-03-12 unless you cancel your recurring payment."

It also says Spotify Premium in the Application (I run PC) 

But when I try to play, there is still no sound coming out of Spotify and the song progress bar is standing completely still. 

It is as if I'm still stuck in having used up my 10 hrs, even though I paid.

And yes, I have logged in and out like ... 10 times, and also reinstalled the software. 

/Haxel

@haxel75 wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue, After my VISA card was invalid, i got into free mode and reached the limit of 10 hours of listening. I've paid for premium now (twice) and, my subscription says

"You have an active Spotify Unlimited subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged 49,00 kr on 2013-03-12 unless you cancel your recurring payment."

It also says Spotify Premium in the Application (I run PC) 

But when I try to play, there is still no sound coming out of Spotify and the song progress bar is standing completely still. 

It is as if I'm still stuck in having used up my 10 hrs, even though I paid.

And yes, I have logged in and out like ... 10 times, and also reinstalled the software. 

/Haxel

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

This sounds like a complicated account issue, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

For some reason it suddenly works again. 

Well, let me just say I'm happy we dont use Spotify in medical devices or air plan systems 🙂 

/Haxel

I bought spotify premium and it will not let me access anything it keeps saying I need to purchase spotify premium but I already have!! I logged in and out countless times, did a clean re installation, re started my phone. I have done everything. Nothing is working. Please please help. Its so unfair that they already billed me the ten dollars and I cant even access my premium account.

how did you fix this problem?

Hey guys 🙂 

Sometimes it can take a while for your subscription to appear on all your devices. 

If you have just subscribed and you are having issues getting premium to work, you should have a read at this dedicated topic.

Peter

Peter

same here

I paid for premium upgrade. My account reflects that I have premium service is available, However when I try to use the playlist the system tells me that it is only available for premium users and will not allow me to play for the playlist

@IndiSnar6girl wrote:
I paid for premium upgrade. My account reflects that I have premium service is available, However when I try to use the playlist the system tells me that it is only available for premium users and will not allow me to play for the playlist

Sometimes it can take a short while for your subscription to appear on all of your devices. I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

When im trying to log in with my spotify account it says that ill need to log in with facebook and when im trying to log in with that im getting the 409 you´ll need a premium.

my page says that ill having the free version but im getting charged for premium has been for months and haven´t got any repllies on my mails with support.

Ill tried to go back to have spotify and facebook separatly because i didn´t want it in facebook, but it didn´t work either.

So how do i fix theese two problems?

@b232716 wrote:

When im trying to log in with my spotify account it says that ill need to log in with facebook and when im trying to log in with that im getting the 409 you´ll need a premium.

my page says that ill having the free version but im getting charged for premium has been for months and haven´t got any repllies on my mails with support.

Ill tried to go back to have spotify and facebook separatly because i didn´t want it in facebook, but it didn´t work either.

So how do i fix theese two problems?

Can you post your case number (or one of them) from when you got in touch with support and I will pass it over to the community team to chase up for you? It will be in the automated email reply you get when you submit a contact form. 

Peter

Peter

i signed up on the free trial then took up the pemium offer then the problems started after spending hours in trying to get what i paid i cancelled i was directed to unistall/ reinstall spotify which i did to access the remaining 4 weeks i had paid for but despite being reconised on my account as still being paid up for premium i am denied access, i was really impressed how straight forward is was to install a very good product but its the oposite when need help with issues

case00564641

case00563096

@b232716 wrote:

case00564641

case00563096

I have passed these over to the community team for you. 

Peter

Peter

So i have an active subscription for premium, However.. Spotify gave my the messages for several weeks ago that they couldent draw founds from my card (thankfully) i have a limmit so they cant draw more then i add to it. When i Check my account (bank) i see that i have pay spotify for one month (end of last month, like 27 of may i think)... Still it gave me a message about no funds on my card... And since like a bit more than a week ago i got back to stoneage and have spotify free.. With like 30 min of playtoime left... Fun... NOT.

And yes... For more than a week ago i contacted spotyfi about this mess... The only answer i got back was a mail that they wanted me to answer about how good their costomer service was and linked my case number or somethink like that... Irony, right?

Soo... What do i do now?

@Glocken wrote:

So i have an active subscription for premium, However.. Spotify gave my the messages for several weeks ago that they couldent draw founds from my card (thankfully) i have a limmit so they cant draw more then i add to it. When i Check my account (bank) i see that i have pay spotify for one month (end of last month, like 27 of may i think)... Still it gave me a message about no funds on my card... And since like a bit more than a week ago i got back to stoneage and have spotify free.. With like 30 min of playtoime left... Fun... NOT.

And yes... For more than a week ago i contacted spotyfi about this mess... The only answer i got back was a mail that they wanted me to answer about how good their costomer service was and linked my case number or somethink like that... Irony, right?

Soo... What do i do now?

Can you post your case number from when you got in touch? 

Its in the first automated email reply you get when you submit a contact form. I can then escalate that to the community team for you. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts