Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for premium recurring Sept. 3 but premium stopped working today Oct. 3

Solved!

Paid for premium recurring Sept. 3 but premium stopped working today Oct. 3

I'm new to spotify but I paid close attention to the details of buying spotify premium. It said I'd be paying 9.99/month and it charged me and sent me an email saying it would charge me again on October 3rd(today). It was working fine this morning and afternoon. I tried using it again at 6pm EST but its reverted to a free account. Does anyone know if it will work at midnight or should I try paying again? Please help. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Jasz17 wrote:
I'm new to spotify but I paid close attention to the details of buying spotify premium. It said I'd be paying 9.99/month and it charged me and sent me an email saying it would charge me again on October 3rd(today). It was working fine this morning and afternoon. I tried using it again at 6pm EST but its reverted to a free account. Does anyone know if it will work at midnight or should I try paying again? Please help. Thanks.

Hello 🙂 

Firstly welcome to the spotify community!

Something must have gone wrong with the payment as your spotify account should renew before your premium subscription expires. I would recommend that you check your email as any information regarding a failed payment would be sent there. 

Otherwise I would say you need to contact the payments team directly using the online contact form as they will assist you with this directly.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Jasz17 - If you sign in on your subscription page you should see that you're on our free service. 

It seems you payment details have been edited/ need updating. Please update those details and subscribe to Premium again. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Also it is now 7:38pm EST
Marked as solution

@Jasz17 wrote:

Hello 🙂 

Firstly welcome to the spotify community!

Something must have gone wrong with the payment as your spotify account should renew before your premium subscription expires. I would recommend that you check your email as any information regarding a failed payment would be sent there. 

Otherwise I would say you need to contact the payments team directly using the online contact form as they will assist you with this directly.

Peter

Peter

Hammeh, I just checked my email and I have nothing new about my payments. Also I have more than enough to pay for premium. I'm going to try the online contact form. Thanks for replying so quickly.

@Jasz17 wrote:
Hammeh, I just checked my email and I have nothing new about my payments. Also I have more than enough to pay for premium. I'm going to try the online contact form. Thanks for replying so quickly.

No problem at all 🙂

You might want to check to make sure you are using the correct login details. The spotify system makes it very easy to accidentally create another account. If you signed up for spotify using a spotify username then ensure you are logging in using it and not a Facebook account. 

Peter

Peter

I am always on my phone so I log in with Facebook for everything. I also log in with Facebook on my lap top. I haven't changed that since joining a month ago so I'm pretty sure there isn't a duplicate account.

@Jasz17 wrote:
I am always on my phone so I log in with Facebook for everything. I also log in with Facebook on my lap top. I haven't changed that since joining a month ago so I'm pretty sure there isn't a duplicate account.

Ok.

Fingers crossed someone from the payments team will be in touch with you very soon 🙂

Peter

Peter

Thank you again Peter!
Marked as solution

Hi Jasz17 - If you sign in on your subscription page you should see that you're on our free service. 

It seems you payment details have been edited/ need updating. Please update those details and subscribe to Premium again. 

Thanks Meredith it worked but can you confirm whether or not this will happen again? I updated my payment info this time but will the payment be recurring this time?

That subscription should continue each month so long as your card still meets all of these requirements: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/

If you get a new credit card please be sure to update those details before your next payment date. 

Suggested posts