Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pay with PayPal without Creditcard

Pay with PayPal without Creditcard

Hi,

i'm glad to see that Spotify is now avaible in Germany.

I would like to use the Premium Membership, but if i try to pay with PayPal i still need

a credit card.

Why is it not possible to use PayPal without a credit card, but with a "normal" bank account?

89 Replies

live in belgium and cant pay with paypal this is stupid fix it!!!!!!

Agree, this is freaking stupid. I'm using paypal, because I don't want to link it with my bank account.

Also there is no 'unlimited' gift card, premium only.

I'm not subscribing until they fix this.

Dont understand why they dont offer other payment methods. Currently there is no easy way to get an unlimited subscription.

It's absolutely hilarious that you can't pay with a normal PayPal account with money on it.

Many people here in germany just have no credit cards, not everyone lives your american dream, you just lost another potential subscriber. I won't get a credit card just to pay my 10€ Spotify each month

It's really sad that you don't want our money

Good bye, Spotify

the orben same here and i'm from belgium i also wont get a credit card just for 10 each month

@nicosmets wrote:

the orben same here and i'm from belgium i also wont get a credit card just for 10 each month

It would appear you can purchase high street gift cards for use with Spotify in Belgium so you don't need a credit card.

More information on https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

From Portugal,

+1

Bye Spotify!

Pleeease tell me how you did it, I have really tried everything. 

Here's my problem: 

I have a bosnian credit card ( where spotify isn´t available ), but I live in Austria, where I study, hence I cannot have a creditcard ( I'm not working ). So I ´ve made a new account, where I've linked my bank account ( austrian ), and out paypal balance on it, and they still want the effin creditcard, I´m soooo furious.

Unfortunately at the moment your paypal account has to be funded by a card from a coutry where spotify is available. I thought that anyone in Austria could get a debit card on opening a bank account these days and that should work with Spotify.

Any news with payment without card?

I want give you money, but i cant or dont want to use credit/debit card. I have my reasons, and they wont change. I have properly verified paypal account with linked czech bank account. No gift cards in czech stores. So i thought, i would buy gift card online.

NO! even one time gift card purchase needs linked card. Go to hell, you are losing so much potential customers in europe due to sticking to US payment habits.

(PS: verified bank account is as good to determine person's permanent location of residence as credit/debit card.)

I'm sure they would accept payment in used matches if they could but, unfortunately, these things are dictated by agreements with the record companies who want to control what we can listen to and where. If prepaid debit cards are available in your country, you could use one of these to buy spotify e-cards maybe?

record companies are so afraid to lose control and money so that they actually loose more of both control and money.

A credit card is not a better way to control where someone lives than a verified bank account.

Someone somewhere seems to be lazy

The company that takes the market from Spotify will hopefully handle this better.

According to http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/prepaid_providers.aspx and others, no prepaid debit card for us.

I have debit (VISA) card associated with ma bank account. But i WILL NOT give internet my main bank account card data, even if there is daily limit for transactions. I have issues with this paying system card security. Only other option is that i create another bank account with card which i will use as a something like a wallet. But that means i will pay bills for bank account i wil rarely use.

I am currently trying use service which sends me gift code from actual physical gift card (http://jerrycards.com/), but theese cost about 50% more than direct buy from spotify, so i wonder if i will continue use it or leave it only as one-time-month try.

______

But none of your argument is argument against not allow customers to pay. There is something fishy about business model and/or implementation. Or big ammount of laziness as said.

And as i said, bank account same or better way to verify someones living location.

Don't forget, you can buy Spotify gift cards in a variety of high streets stores in most countries:
https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/

Peter

Well, in my country (Czech Republic), you can not. It seems more likely "You can buy it in USA and in some big european contries"

Hello,

I understand Spotify can choose how it wants to filter its users. I am just writing to say that this requirement for a credit card is the one and only reason I am subscribing to Spotify's competitor.

And no, I am not trying to pay less by pretending I live in another country, thanks for the underhand suggestion that I'm trying to be sly.

Jeez ...

@Spotify : the information you are looking for when you ask subscribers' credit/debit card, Paypal can ensure these. 

Though, asking credit/debit card could be a feature to unlock locations. Some people live in several countries and use different bank accounts. They should have the right to use Spotify in their countries.

I actually can't find any information about requiring a credit/debit card with PayPal on the Spotify website anymore, so I'm not sure if that restriction still exists.

According to this help page, your account just needs to be verified now (although it could depend on market I guess):
https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/having-problems-using-paypal

Peter

It must depend on the market then.
Though I m in France, using a verified Paypal, registered on my Spotify account and ... Still can't subscribe my premium account with Paypal. I had to fill my credit card information.

Paypal requires the card, your bank account and your phone number if you want to have a 100% verified account. Regardless the steps to make your information valid.

I dont understand why i cant use my paypal account to pay spotify without credit card. This is a joke???

I can not believe the Spootify so angry customers. For my part I've no desire for your service. It is outrageous that it not even an e-mail support is available in German for help. Too bad, but if I can not pay with my Paypal Account can spootify me sometimes like to have

Suggested posts