Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Hasn't Stopped!

Payment Hasn't Stopped!

So 3 months ago I had an unlimited account. I then decided to switch my account so I could log in with my facebook details.

When I did this I stopped receiving the Unlimited service, and assumed that the other account had been closed as there was no way of accessing it. And this came at a good time as I was fairly low on funds and had decided that I no longer needed Spotify.

I have checked my bank statements and Spotify have continued to take payments from my account. This is unacceptable as there is no way of me cancelling the old account now. I would really like a refund for the past 3 months and I would prefer if spotify deleted my account altogether. It is unlikely that I will ever use spotify again.

In my account settings it says that I have a free account and there are no receipts of payments to spotify.

Is this a problem with my bank or something that Spotify are doing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Will

11 Replies

Contact Spotify by using the link below which requires sign in:

http://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

From the subject dropdown select "manage subscriptions & trials"

From the second dropdown select "request refund"

In the message box explain your situation.

If nothing happens, post back here and we can see what we can do. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have! But when you click through there is no confirmation that any message has been sent to them. So i thought it would be best to notify them in as many ways as possible.

Hmm... I'm not sure then. There are usually Spotify employees looking at the forums so maybe they will see this soon and help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@user-removed wrote:

I have! But when you click through there is no confirmation that any message has been sent to them. So i thought it would be best to notify them in as many ways as possible.

Hi,

You will then hope that some spotify staff see this thread 🙂

Sorry you decided to go though (I would if this happened to me though).

Did you get a case number when you wrote in? We should be able to chase that up.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

No, nothing. The page just seemed to refresh and the boxes were empty again.

@user-removed wrote:

No, nothing. The page just seemed to refresh and the boxes were empty again.

Doesn't look like it submitted. Did you try re-submitting, using another browser?

I tried again and it succesfully went through this time. Hopefully they will get back to me on giving me a refund for the past 3 months.

Sweet, I'm glad it sent this time. Hopefully you can get your refund quickly. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is exactly what happened to me too. Please let me know if you hear from them or you get the refund.

I have called my bank and told them to not allow any payments to spotify. So at least I know there wont be any further money taken from me. Now I'll just have to wait and see if they will respond and/or refund me.

Suggested posts