Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Primary Email No longer active

Solved!

Primary Email No longer active

I just gotta start off by saying it's pretty poor design to make it impossible to change username or email if you start an account through Facebook, I just don't see the efficiency behind relying on 3rd party services to maintain records on your customers. Sadly this is how Spotify works and I'm disappointed in myself that I even used the stupid Log In w/ Facebook when I signed up. My facebook still has its primary email as a defunct email address that I can no longer access. I have multiple working emails under that Facebook but until recently I didn't change the primary email to a functioning one. This is the disparity when you use other people's software to run the accounting of your own. Facebook recognizes all my emails when logging in. Spotify, on the other hand, only recognizes that defunct primary email that I can't access. so now I cannot access my devices password because it is sent to that email. "Change your email in Facebook account settings" hasn't worked. My primary facebook email is now my uni email, but it still says my old email for Spotify. Since I was stupid and bought premium before testing out Spotify... smh ... I don't know what to do. Will the email eventually update? Because I have no intention of keeping a Spotify account if I cannot access it on devices. I only want it for my Roku player. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Once you change the facebook primary email, spotify should update within 24 hours. Sometimes, simply logging out and back in will force it to refresh from facebook so maybe try that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi. Once you change the facebook primary email, spotify should update within 24 hours. Sometimes, simply logging out and back in will force it to refresh from facebook so maybe try that.

Suggested posts