Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing on Facebook - Advanced settings?

Solved!

Sharing on Facebook - Advanced settings?

Hello,

I have noticed that when i check the box "show what i listen to on Facebook", it actually shows more than that i am currently listening to - it also notifies my friends everytime i star a song or update a playlist. 

Is there any way to share only what i listen to, and not what i star / update

It turns out i use A LOT my spotify account, and i'd like to have the choice to share only what i listen to, or only what i star... otherwise i'd just flood my friends with meaningless notifications. 

For the record, soundcloud has advanced settings that allow users to choose what kind of actions they want to share. It's pretty effective 🙂

If you have a solution for that, or if you're working on something, please let me know. 

Anyway, thanks for making spotify happen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Currently no customisable options yet. Good idea though. Pop this over on our "Ideas" board - this way, we can gauge how popular an idea this is.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

Currently no customisable options yet. Good idea though. Pop this over on our "Ideas" board - this way, we can gauge how popular an idea this is.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have a good question...How is it that when I shared a song from my playlist to FB, that recently  shows another persons name with my picture in Spotify?  it is My account and playlists but this other person's name constantly shows up when I share.  It is making me frustrated.  what can I do about this?

I enjoy all the music I have, and it's like this person has taken over my account, even though I am controlling the account.

The man with an eclectic ear.

@rob64deso wrote:

I have a good question...How is it that when I shared a song from my playlist to FB, that recently  shows another persons name with my picture in Spotify?  it is My account and playlists but this other person's name constantly shows up when I share.  It is making me frustrated.  what can I do about this?

I enjoy all the music I have, and it's like this person has taken over my account, even though I am controlling the account.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps? 

It sounds like your account has been or still is connected to someone else's Facebook. Normally if your picture is correct, then your account is connected correctly, so it is most likely just data hanging around in your client, the clean reinstall should sort that out!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts