Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign-up page bug

Sign-up page bug

First, I would like to say thank you for no longer requiring a Facebook account to sign up. However, the sign up page is giving mixed messages.

If you view it while not logged into Facebook, you see a "You need a Facebook account to register for Spotify" message, but the bottom of the page has a link to "Create an account using my e-mail address". That Facebook requirement message should not be appearing because you no longer need one to use Spotify.

3 Replies

Daniel Ek need now more money from us. Good way. Now everyone can signup.

Can I ask, is this move done because Rdio (no Facebook) opened in some countries recently? 😉

However, great job Spotify.

No official word yet if its global

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

There probably will be official information later. The Facebook plugin on the sign-up page still produces a "You need a Facebook account" message when logged out of Facebook. They just added a link below the plugin to sign up without Facebook. I think this new link was put up before the official announcement so now the sign-up page is all weird.

This little problem is why I made the thread - some people may see the "you need Facebook" message but not notice that you actually don't.

Suggested posts