Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen Premium Account

Stolen Premium Account

Hi,

woke up this morning and found to my surprise that my premium account had been stolen - mail changed and all. Filled in the online support form case #01039829 but still haven't received any response. No credit card activity yet, but I am pending on if I should block the card soon if Spotify support continue to take it's time. Anyone know how to speed things up?

Thanks in advance

Magnus

6 Replies

If you reply directly to the automated email with the case number in it that will bump your case in the system over to an advisor for you.

There shouldn't be any need to block the card, Spotify don't store your card details apart from the last 4 digits of the card and the expiry date so apart from changing the subscription on that account they can't steal your card details (although I am not sure if they could buy gift cards without authorization!). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your help. Kudos to you! 🙂 But I did that almost immediately after reading some posts on the forums. No response yet.

Still, it's kind of unsettling that a paid service like Spotify can have such a weak security against theft of personal property they host - in this case a license service.  And after reading posts of these forums regarding hijacks of premium accounts, so seemingly slow support on fixing it when it happens. 

Look at Steam for instance, very similar, if anyone even tries to login from anywhere not verified by you, you as an owner of the service get notified. Look and learn Spotify! 🙂

Still no response. Even tweeted to SpotifyCares, to no avail. Tomorrow my card gets credited for one more month, and the only option I have on my end is to block the card if no solution is in place before that. Don't want to pay money through Spotify for someone else to enjoy - in my name.

Hey, Sorry for any delay, we aim to reply within 24 hours. I'll ask our payments team to look into this for you as soon as possible.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

48 hours now, still no response.

I assume someone at Spotify's support eventually will reset the fraudulent e-mail and passowrd, returning login to me, but at what state can I expect the account to be in? Erased playlists? How do I get them back? 

You should have received an email about an hour ago. Please let us know if you didn't receive it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts