Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Link Not Working

Solved!

Student Discount Link Not Working

Here's what happens: I go to the student discount page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/) Click on the link, and sign in with Facebook. I am then immediately bumped to my account page with no option for the discount, or to verify my status as a student.

Not much more to it.

77 Replies

Case #02565845

I am also having the same problems getting the student discount.

Marked as solution

@user-removed @user-removed @Mo441 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@koontzynoeuy 

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

i have the same problem. i clicked the link and they directed me back here.

Hi, I'm having trouble as well.  90 day trial just ended and I want to pay for spotify student, however the link is not there

I have this same issue. Link directs me to my Account Overview page. I found a manual verification where I submitted my information and school which said I've been verified but my page still says I will be charged 9.99 next bill. Has anyone else been able to get around this?

Same issue as everyone else. I emailed support but my case # is 02570023. I cancelled my current premium subscription so I wouldn't be charged full price in the meantime. 

I am having the same issue and Ive been trying to get the student discount for my premium account for months now. Can you please get mine looked into as well? my case # is 02569624.

Hey everyone, once Spotify frees up your email address to create a new account, you can click this link to register again.

and then immediately after you sign up, click this link to access the student discount. It worked for me and I was charged $4.99! Now I just have to wait for Spotify to transfer back my playlists and all else.

@EPstar @qualityonion @user-removed 

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@dmixon2 @tbkennedy42 

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Matt - I've already done so. Still waiting on a response from Spotify. Hope this can get resolved ASAP

I've been having the same issue. I've emailed them today and I'm expecting not to get a reply aside from the automatic email (which I replied to) much like everyone else. My case number is 02577834 for reference

@rahatajrishi 

If you still have not gotten a reply:

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I am having the same issue as the others posting. A huge problem is the number of people who probably can't find this forum and find out it is in fact a glitch (took me awhile). Case# 02580945

What bothers me is that Spotify continues to send out emails and advertise this 'offer' on their homepage and everywhere else when they can't even fulfill it... They need this fixed or at least acknowledge there's a problem with it

Hi, I also am having an issue getting the student disscount offer. I already have premium, but cancelled it an hour ago so I don't get charged again before getting the discount. I am linked through FB as well. I sent an email through the customer contact form, and replied to the automated email, so now I'm waiting for another reply. Case #: 02581882. Please help!

@user-removed 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@DrewSte12 

Please be patient. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@pokeyhudson 

If you still have not gotten a reply:

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts