Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Link Not Working

Solved!

Student Discount Link Not Working

Here's what happens: I go to the student discount page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/) Click on the link, and sign in with Facebook. I am then immediately bumped to my account page with no option for the discount, or to verify my status as a student.

Not much more to it.

77 Replies

Same problem here. Just sent an email, Spotify Case # 02583554. I replied to the automated message as instructed. I will be cancelling Premium until this is resolved so I don't get charged. I use Facebook to login to Spotify.

I have responded to the suport email.  My case # is: 02584049.  I've been with Spotify since it was in Beta.  Help a fan out!

Spotify responded to me ! For anyone having this issue all you need to do is create a new account with an alternative email. Then follow the student discount link and complete the normal payment setup!!! Spotify can then move you playlists and info to your new account but trust me the student discount will work !

I don't want to have to think that I'm gonna have to transfer everything to a new account, but I am having the same issue and nothing is working. Do I just contact Spotify support and let them know what my issue is and hope to hear back soon?

Same exact problem.. but if I create a new account, how will I transfer over all of my saved music? I don't want to lose anything. 

Spotify will do it for you

Okay, I created a new account. But now I cannot connect the new account to Facebook, since the old account was created with Facebook. I removed Spotify from my Facebook apps, but when I try to connect the new account, it doesn't work and redirects me to the old account. HELP!

Case #02640785

Hi @g0angels,

Be sure that you reply to the automated e-mail. Spotify does usually respond within 24-48 hours. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I did just that

So if I create a different account how do I get Spotify to transfer my music?

@Emilyrabbitmad 

To get Spotify to transfer your music,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@g0angels 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Matt, 

I responded to the email many, many times and still have not gotten a reponse since Wednesday. I clearly stated that I wanted my current account transferred to my new username, which I have already set up and paid for.

Still, none of my music or anything has been transferred over and I still cannot connect the new account to Facebook because the old one still exists. This really stinks considering I have already paid for the new account and cannot use it.

I am so beyond frustrated at this point. My case number is #02628522.

-Jessica

@user-removed 

I have forwarded your post over to a Spotify employee so they can help you.

It is currently the weekend, so they won't see it until Monday at the earliest. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey, I'm having the same problem as most other people here. I've submitted a request with support, and replied to the email as you've stated throughout this thread. Hope this can be resolved soon, and I'd prefer not to make a new account.

Hi Community,
I'm from Germany and have the same Problem with the Student Account. This ist my number Spotify sent me: 

Thank you much for help

Hey everyone!

We are going to close this thread and continue updating you here in the Ongoing Issues board:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Trouble-signing-up-for-Student-discount/idi-p/106993...

If you've already sent an email via our contact form, be sure to respond directly to the email with your case number. The team will get back to you shortly. 

Suggested posts