Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn off email notifications

Solved!

Turn off email notifications

Hi,

I subscribe to a playlist, but I'd rather not get email notiifications when they update it.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

icrlp05

54 Replies

Thanks Sam for the help!

Thanks Meredith for the instructions!

I'm having a different issue. I am trying to set different notification options on my account page, but when I click the radio button for "Once daily" or "Never" and then Save my profile, it instantly reverts - assuming the radio buttons let me click them in the first place (they only work 50% of the time).  What gives? This is beyond annoying. I dont' need an email every time a friend updates a playlist.

Same thing here. Trying to turn off these notifications and it reverts back. I already get enough emails in a day, but this is really distracting.

The solution just does not work. Very annoying. Who´s responsible for this mess? Why does Spotify create duplicate accounts and use other e-mail adresses to send messages without any permission from me? Considering stopping my spotify account. I love the music but hate the everyday trouble with e-mails and no one who take any responsibility at all, and giving "quick fix solutions" that do not work at all.

I just started receiving email notifications and I never connected my spotify account to facebook and disabling email notifications on website doesnt work. How can I turn this off?

I might found a solution. If Facebook is the problem with duplicate accounts, then remove the Spotify application from Facebook totally by making changes in FB account. If that is not working, I´ll have to view Spotify as spam in my e-mail account and solve the issue that way.

Marked as solution

For facebook users go to:

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

go to the Spotify app and see there:

Notifications: When to notify you? 

By default it's set to The app sends you a notification so change it to Never

Marked as solution

It worked for me eventually. Just have to keep trying, give it a few hours. For some reason it's super glitchy.

I'm trying to unsubscribe from ALL notifications, but when I hit save, I get an error message saying that someone is already registered with my email address. I don't understand this! I don't have any other account. What else am I supposed to enter into that field which, by the way ,is a field that is already filled out with my email address when I go to my settings tab. 

I'm really getting annoyed with all these notifications that I'm tempted to cancel my account. But, of course, I don't see the option to cancel accounts anywhere. Please help.

@djsyrehn

There was a second account, created with Facebook login details. I have now deleted that account.

You will be able to save your profile changes now.

I don´t receive any more e-mails. I just turned off the Spotify application from Facebook so that Facebook and Spotify are not connected to each other. I did all the above listed solutions, but nothing helped until now. So go to your account settings and delete Spotify from applications and at the same time you also stop everybody else receiving messages from you.

I'm having the same problem as a previous poster. I keep switching the radio buttons to stop emails every time a playlist is updated, saving my profile and finding the changes haven't been made even though it says it saved my profile changes.

Could you please help? There's one playlist I'm subscribed to that the guy updates multiple times daily. It's bad enough getting those notifications when Spotify is open, but I don't need emails each time.

It would be much better if you could control notifications within the app and per playlist. Some playlists I might not care if it's ever updated, others I might want to get updates in Spotify only and others I might want email updates. That would make more sense than no notifications or all notifications.

Is it now possible to turn of (for real) all email notifications of any kind? I really do not want to see or know what playlist my friends listens to or share my own. Do I have to erase my facebook account to stop these mails?

Many thanks in advance for fast reply!

Br

Daniel

Same problem here!

I have set all e-mail notifications to 'Never' in my account settings, but I keep getting e-mails from all kinds of users/playlists. I don't even think I'm subscribing to them??

Please help, I don't want any e-mail notifications at all.

Could this have to do with the connection to facebook? I have turned that off but I'm still getting the e-mails every time someone adds a track to one of their playlists...

I am getting a bit irritated by now. A month ago or so, I spent an hour plus browsing the web for solution to this problem with "mirror accounts" and finally, lo and behold, I was successful and the e-mail notifications stopped. But a week ago they started flooding in again. I have some 1200 friends on Facebook, they are quite active on Spotify, and you cannot possibly realise how irritating it becomes to have a dozen or more "spam" mails per day. In particular since I have already gone through the cumbersome procedure of deleting notifications.

Get this sorted now! I am a premium subscriber, and I expect more out of a service that I pay for.

/Håkan Jonsson, Stockholm

Still same problem!!!

I have noticed though, that I seem to have two different accounts.

Account 1:

My Spotify usename that I created a long time ago, before the connection with facebook was even possible. On this account I pay for Spotify Premium.

Account 2:

An account that somehow has been created when I connected Spotify with facebook. I want to delete this account since I don't want Spotify and facebook connected in any way. This is a free membership, no Premium.

I WANT TO DELETE ACCOUNT 2, HOW DO I DO IT???

Can't find any information anywhere on the Spotify website on how to delete an account permanently. Sucks!

marcorafael - I just want to note here that changing your settings in Facebook won't have any affect on your Spotify notifications. 

You've already got all your notification settings in your profile set to 'never'. These can be accessed right here: 

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

lilitu93 & DPRHAT - You can both edit your email settings via the your Profile page link above. If you're having trouble saving those details let me know. 

markuspettersso & haakanj - I've posted steps on sorting out having two accounts right here. Once you've linked those accounts, be sure to check your email settings in your original account again. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Turn-off-email-notifications/td-p/6...

OK, gonna try to clarify, but this is kinda complicated.

My Acoount 1

Spotify username: markuspettersson80

E-mail address: [Snip - Mod Edit - Email address]

E-mail settings: All set to Never

Premium

I can login to the Spotfiy website with this info if I choose "Login with Spotify username". I can also get to this forum. The first time I did that I was prompted to create a forum name, which is the one I use, markuspettersso. (why it is necessary to create ANOTHER username is beyond my understanding, but anyways...)

My Account 2

No spotify username

E-mail address: [Snip - Mod Edit - Email address]

E-mail settings: All set to Never

Free

I can login to the Spotfiy website with this info if I choose "Login withFacebook". BUT I can not get to this forum. I get prompted to create a forum name, but I haven't done that for My Account 2.

Moreover, the address m@markusp.se is only an alias which goes to info@markusp.se. I created this alias to use only on facebook, and to be able to change/erase it in cases like this, if I get spammed too much. It would be nice not to have to do that.

Please, can you erase My Account 2?? I do not want my Spotify account to be connected to facebook AT ALL, and I'm never going to login with my facebook information to Spotify again. I didn't really want to publish all this information public but it seems to be the only way if I don't want to erase the alias and change my facebook e-mail address.

Markuspettersso - We can't sort this out here, as we'd need to take some security details. Send an email over here, and they'll get it sorted as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Message sent to the support.

Suggested posts