Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading from Spotify Unlimited to Premium

Upgrading from Spotify Unlimited to Premium

Hi!

I currently have Spotify Unlimited and I recently got a new phone so I would like to try how Spotify Premium works on my new phone (Nokia Lumia 800). My Spotify Unlimited subscription ends 2012-12-25. What happens if I upgrade my Spotify account to Premium before my Unlimited subscription ends? 

5 Replies

Your days are halved. You have 20 days unlimited left, so when you upgrade, you will have 10 days of premium instead.

Hi!

I bought today a 10e gift card and now I would like to upgrade to Spotify Premium but when I am trying to do that it says "We are currently not able to redeem this code". Where is the problem?

Hey! 🙂

Is your current unlimited subscription recurring or is it from a gift card too? 

If your unlimited is for a gift card, you won't be able to redeem your premium code until the unlimited one runs out.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So I have to wait 17 days or make a new Spotify account. This is quite annoying... Is there any technical reasons for this?

You would need to ask the Spotify team directly to get an official answer to that. You can do that via the online contact form if you like. 

I'm not really sure of the reason's why it is like this, as Stupify said, if you pay my recurring payment, you can upgrade at any time. I guess it is because upgrading using a recurring payment just means changing the renewal date and then updating the subscription at that point, whereas with gift cards, the subscription doesn't end until the current subscription period is over. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts