Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to share music I listen to, to my site.

Want to share music I listen to, to my site.

Hello all 

I want to know if there is a way of sharing what I listen too, to my own site or even better share what all my users are listening too to my site.

My site is a gaming social network which uses the Boonex Dolphin Platform, I was wondering is there was some way to create a plugging or something for my site to share what I am listening too or all my users, Like the facebook share thing.

I don't really care if it is just me who can share music to my own site or if all my users can it just would be great to know if it is possible.

Please do note I do have facebook integration with my site so you can link facebook profiles with my site profiles, Though it is still a little buggy which I need to fix.

Any answers would be nice, I do have a good feeling this would be In possible without be a partner of spotify, or atleast I would of though so.

Thanks 

Liam Usher 

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

5 Replies

I'm not too familiar with website development and the like, but it's easy enough to provide links to playlists to share with your audience. You can also create collaborative playlists, so everyone can add and share their favourite tracks.

To get a link to a playlist, right click on the playlist and then click "Copy HTTP Link".
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David thanks for the reply.

That is not exactly what I meant, I meant like what you have on facebook, where you have an option to share songs to facebook but I meant like that but so users like me can share playlists and songs to there sites. Like an API what users can use, for example youtube allow there users to create a youtube alike site with there API which contains youtube videos from there servers.

Maybe this could be somthing spotfy could think of for the future, But for now i suppose I can just copy the to the song for spotfy to my site. 

Edit: I also been looking at some of the devloper things I might be able to do what I want but I not 100% sure.

https://www.spotify.com/se/about/spotify-on-the-web/developer-resources/

Thanks anyway :).

Liam Usher

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

Liam,

I think these new "Play Anywhere" buttons that were released today might do something like this. Probably half of my YouTube interactions are done actually away from the website - Google Chat, videos on Facebook, so on. 

A bit like the one below - 

Airhorn Enthusiast

You can get the code to embed here.

Thanks guys this would help, Sorry for the delayed post my interent has been on and off all week.

Thanks 

Liam

System Specs:

Suggested posts