Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What the **** just happened?!?

What the **** just happened?!?

In a matter of a couple of hours I went from having Spotify working on my Onkyo receiver and my laptop to not even having a premium account!?!? 

Neither of my passwords are working. My account is now somehow attached to my actual name versus my old login/screen name. All of my playlists are gone. I can't reset anything. 

I was trying to use Spotify on my receiver. When I selected Spotify it started asking for my login info which it has not done in months. I kept getting "login error". I went to the Spotify website and tried to log in but it made me use my Facebook login. Ok, that's stupid. I tried using my Facebook password on my Onkyo. Nope. 

Did a little reading and tried to use my original Spotify password. Nope. 

More reading and tried disconnecting from Facebook so I could use my original Spotify login and passowrd. OH **bleep**!!! Now nothing works. I'm not even a premium subscriber anymore. 

This should not be that hard. It seems that most of the issues I've had are somehow related to Spotify forcing us to use Facebook therefore overriding my original account details. 

Does anyone know how to get back up and running again? Do I need to cancel my service and start all over again? If i have to build all those playlists again I will probably just cancel and go back to downloading. This is not how I wanted to spend my evening just to listen to some tunes with a services that I'M **bleep**ING PAYING FOR!!!!

13 Replies

Hey - no need to swear. I am now contemplating whether or not to help....

Anyway, it seems you may have made another account, using facebook.

I shall ask a moderator to have a look into your account, and we'll see what they can do.

Liam

Well, I do hope that you didn't think that was toward anyone trying to help. 

I've spent hours at this and I'm about ready to throw all my electronics out the window. 

I really don't know what happened. i didn't try and do anything I have not done everyday since Spotify landed stateside. I don't know why it took a crap on me tongiht and erased me!

It shouldn't be this difficult. 

There is no way their tech support is gonna help if you are contemplating over one word. Hah!

My emails got way worse as the evening progressed. It got me drinking again. Yay!!

-brad

@bapodaca wrote:

Well, I do hope that you didn't think that was toward anyone trying to help. 

I've spent hours at this and I'm about ready to throw all my electronics out the window. 

I really don't know what happened. i didn't try and do anything I have not done everyday since Spotify landed stateside. I don't know why it took a crap on me tongiht and erased me!

It shouldn't be this difficult. 

There is no way their tech support is gonna help if you are contemplating over one word. Hah!

My emails got way worse as the evening progressed. It got me drinking again. Yay!!

-brad

Well, try and be calm 😉

The staff here are actually very good at ignoring swearing - unlike me. I have posted them to take a look in the escalations forum - when one comes online, they will take a look 🙂

liam_w is correct. You created a new Spotify account using your Facebook details.

Solution:

1. Log out of Spotify

2. Log back in making sure that you use your Spotify username and password.

*3. You could connect your Spotify account to your Facebook profile to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I will delete the newly created account. However, this will probably mean that you need to create a new forum login - one that is connected to your "real" Spotify account.

Hey Jude, 

You might need to delete this one too!

My issue now is that Spotify wont let me log in at all. Doesn't recognize my username or password. Won't let me sign in with Facebook. 

When I follow the "forgot my password" link it tell me that I'm link to Face book and to log in with that. When I try it fails or creates an account under my actual name which seems to be a totally different account. I've not changed anything in Facebook but for some reason Spotify is reading it differently and has created this other account. So now I have one under Newgreyarea and Brad Apodaca and none of my passwords work for either!!! It's so frustrating and if I could just talk to a human they could probably sort it out in a minute. I hate when companies make us do tech support. We don't get paid for this!!

Also, Facebook is letting me see and play music my friends have posted but when it open the app, it asks for login info and doesn't except any of it. . . . but still plays the music. 

It has happened again. Another Spotify account has been created, using your Facebook login. I'll delete that account.

As before, log out of Spotify and back in again, making sure that you use your Spotify username.

When you are logged in on the desktop, go into Preferences and connect to your Facebook profile, under Social Network.

The problem is that, whenever you play from a Spotify button in Facebook it is prompting you to create a new Spotify account (although it should also give you the option to connect to your existing account). If you connect to Facebook from the desktop, your account will always be recognised and no new account can be created.

OK, this is incredibly frustrating. 

Now when I try to log in using either my original Spotfy account info or my Facebook it tells me I have never signed up. I have to sign each time I post here with a new name and account because the last one got deleted in your attempt to help me out. 

Is there a phone number I can call and get this sorted out? Anyway I can find out what my login and password are since they are no longer what I set them up to be a year and half ago? 

Jude:

"It has happened again. Another Spotify account has been created, using your Facebook login. I'll delete that account."

Thanks but I can't login to reply to you without an account and since it can't seem to find my account that I had until about 7pm last night I don't know what else to do other than login in with Facebook.  . . which just quit working a for me and I had to sign up from scratch.  . . . again. 

"As before, log out of Spotify and back in again, making sure that you use your Spotify username"

I can't log out because it won't let me log in. It's like I suddenly don't exist. 

"When you are logged in on the desktop, go into Preferences and connect to your Facebook profile, under Social Network."

I don't have that option. I did last night. I do not anymore. 

"The problem is that, whenever you play from a Spotify button in Facebook it is prompting you to create a new Spotify account (although it should also give you the option to connect to your existing account). If you connect to Facebook from the desktop, your account will always be recognised and no new account can be created."

No prompting. Just started playing the song. The login screen hovers above not letting me login. Can't stop the song or anything. My only option is to quit the program. 

Also, if there is a way to not have to create an account everytime I want to reply to this thread, please share it. 

Thanks!

-b

Hi badpodaca2 - So it seems you're continuing to make new accounts via Facebook. First, please log out of Facebook in your internet browser. 

Next, please enter your 'newgreyarea' username into the password reset link here: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Once you've reset that password, open the Spotify desktop app. Sign in with 'newgreyarea' (not your email) and that new password. 

You should be directed to your original Premium account. 

Cool!! I got an emial from tech support that was basically the same. 

Do you have any idea why it stopped recognizing my login info in the first place? 

BTW , I had to keep creating those accounts in order to post here and email tech support. 

Thanks!

. . . and here we go again!!!

Am I gonna have to do this **bleep** every month?!?!?!

My password and user name are not working again. I **bleep**ing hate this service so much now. This is why kids steal music! It's less infuriating than paying for it and not being able to listen to it!! 

Hi newgreyarea - Hm, that's quite strange. Could you let me know exactly which error message/ codes you're receiving?

Do you always use your 'newgreyarea' username to login?

Suggested posts