Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Working solution] How to get Spotify Unlimited/Premium with a "normal" cash card:

[Working solution] How to get Spotify Unlimited/Premium with a "normal" cash card:

------------------

Explanation:

------------------

In case you don't have a credit card (Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress) and no online banking account, I can show you how to get Spotify Unlimited/Premium with your "normal" cash card in Germany. The Wirecard Bank AG offers a "Prepaid-Credit-Card" for free. In the following step I will explain to you how this system works:

The Wirecard Bank AG provides you a virtual 2go Visa (mywirecard 2gp Visa) or a virtual MasterCard (mywirecard MasterCard). This means that you get an existing card number and a CVC but no plastic card. After you have created an account at mywirecard.com, you have to transfer money into your credit card (min. 11€ --> 10€ have to be transferred because of the Terms of Use; 1€ handling fee per money transfer). You can't overdraw this credit card (prepaid). If there is no money on your credit card anymore, you will receive an error message when you try to pay with it till you have transferred money into your card again. If I were you I would set up a standing order so that the money is transferred punctually. To create a virtual credit card, it is a precondition that you are of legal age or that you have the consent of your legal guardian. So far for the explanation. Now I will explain you in detail what you have to do:

1. Visit http://www.mywirecard.com and choose mywirecard MasterCard.
  2. If you want to you can have a look at the cost schedule (--> "Deatils/Gebühren").
  3. For the registration click on "Kostenlos neu anmelden".
  4. Fill in this first form and make sure that all information are correct. You will have to submit your cell phone number because they will send you an SMS for the activation.
  5. Fill in this second form and accept the Terms of Use.
  6. Fill in the activation code of the SMS which has been set to you.
  7. Save and print your wirecard leaflet.
  8. Transfer money from your bank account into your "Prepaid-Credit-Card" and don't forget about the handling fee. It will take a few days but not more than a week until your money is transferred and available.
  9. After you transferred the money you will get a credit card number and a CVC.
  10. Visit https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/go/ and choose your product.
  11. Select credit card as payment method and type in your card number, the expiration date and the CVC.
  12. READY!

Now you have Spotify Unlimited/Premium. Don't forget to transfer money into your virtual credit card. Maybe should you think about transferring 121€ into you virtual credit card so that you don’t/can’t forget to pay for your year's subscription at the end of each month.

0 Replies

Suggested posts