Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook Account Linked

Solved!

Wrong Facebook Account Linked

My wife logged into my spotify account on her laptop and now spotify thinks I'm her and is posting all of my listening to her facebook account. I saw other people have the same issue and support has to disconnect them since there's no actua real disconnect button in the preferences of the application. 

Can someone disconnect my wife's facebook from my account please?

40 Replies

@flannelcat wrote:

Hi there,

I tried to run Spotiofy on my friend's account, and now my spotify account appears to be linked to my friend's facebook - could you work Technilogical wizardry to unlink the two, please? 

Thanks - dom.flannelcat

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to fix this yourself. 

In the desktop client go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and you should be good to go again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there,

I tried this, as per the advice on the "help" page, and it didn't seem to work.

That is weird, have you tried a clean reinstall of the client? 

It could a bit of data stuck somewhere locally causing weird behaviour.

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have a problem whereby my spotify account is linked to the wrong facebook account, i have followed the on screen instructions but with little success, can anyone help? 

Its currently connected to the address of --Snip--

Thanks

Matt

[Edit: Removing Email ~ Peter]

Hey MattMoney09! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just going to pop that email address out of your post for you, best to keep those details private. 

Have you gone to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnected to your own Facebook account? 

Peter

Peter

Hello 

hope you can help me I have two spotifys ones a free ones a premium im logged into my premium and it wont link to my free account because everytime i try my username its not reconised  its a bunch of random numbers is there a way sombody can link the

<<SNIP>> to <<SNIP>> so i can use my facebook ????

[Edit: Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

Hey @kylesparks ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Just going to hide those email addresses, best not to post any personal details here to prevent you from being spammed.

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to merge those for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I have the same problem, in my spotify, in my computer, appears my mother's facebook profile and I cannot change it. I've try to disconnect my account from facebook and after connect it on my account, but nothing has changed. What I'm doing wrong? How can I changed it? I'm desperate...

Dèlia

Hey, are you seeing the correct email address in your account profile now? If so, your account is linked correctly but the desktop client can take a day or two to catch up and show the relevant picture and facebook name as this information is in the cache. Others will see the correct information straight away though.

If the email address is still your mother's, I'd suggest contacting Spotify. Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

I accidentally connected my spotify to my moms facebook, I listen to some pretty heavy screamo and its popping up on her feed, this needs to get fixed ASAP. I tried the preferences thing but it doesn't work. HELP!

@liliasimmons wrote:

I accidentally connected my spotify to my moms facebook, I listen to some pretty heavy screamo and its popping up on her feed, this needs to get fixed ASAP. I tried the preferences thing but it doesn't work. HELP!

Are you still having issues @liliasimmons ? 

Peter

I'm hoping you might be able to help me.  My mom was logged into her spotify account on my phone and, without thinking it through, I connected to my Facebook account through the app while she was still logged in.  Afterwards, when I tried to log into my Spotify account using my Facebook info, it would connect to her account, instead.  In an effort to fix the situation, I tried a number of things, including creating an entirely new account with a different email address and trying to link it up to my Facebook.  Now I can't log in at all through the downloaded version on my computer.  Is there any way to retrieve my former Spotify account that was connected to my Facebook account?  

I have 2 accounts ( kloosie & deweerwolven)
The first one is my private account, the second one is business account) But if i login with the business account, i can see my facebook picture and it says rene closie as a user in the playlists. I already disconnected a couple of times from facebook, but the error still appears. I need help and quick!! Thanks Rene

Marked as solution

@user-removed - If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@kloosie - How long ago did you disconnect that account? It can take 24-48 hours for the Facebook data to be removed.

Peter

@peter, thank for the quick reply. I dont know the excact time to be sure. But if it disappears by itself, can it also come back by itself, in other words, how is this possible and is Spotify looking for a permanent solution.

My clients now can see my profile, picture etc and i want this to be private as you can imagine

Does it reconnect on its own (so you have to press disconnect from Facebook again)?

Peter

that did not happen yet,  now it is just connected to my fb with the wron account...Spotify is not responding to my question... 😞

Thanks @peter !   I appreciate your help.

Hello.  I'm having the same issue.  My spotify is linked to my ex boyfriend's account.  I have "disconnected from facebook" twice left it both times more than 24 hours. "Connected to facebook" again but still it appears as my ex boyfriend's account.  Online spotify (not through the programme on Windows) shows my facebook but my spotify.exe does not. 

Please disconnect as it's highly irritating that I see him and everything posts to his account.

Thanks so much.

Victoria

@TravelgurlUK - Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Suggested posts