Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong password

Solved!

Wrong password

It keeps telling me wrong password when I try to upgrade the account, even I am SURE the password is right, coz I logged out and logged in again successfully using the same password. Please !

96 Replies

I don't remember my password and I don't find any option to ask you to send it to my e-mail address. Why is this so difficult? I just upgraded to Premium but I can't install it in my Samsung Gallaxy S because I don't remember my password!

i still cant cancel my subscription. this is getting annoying and needs to be fixed please

Same issue here. I tried cancelling my subscription, because I'd like to link it to another account (my husband's) in the future. It won't allow me to do this. I get an error message that I am providing the wrong password for my Facebook account, and have also tried the same suggestions listed in this thread. Changing the Facebook password hasn't worked, nor has clearing the cache or making sure javascript is enabled in Chrome (my primary browser). I'd still like to use Spotify premium, but this is a major issue. Any other updates on the status to repair this? Whatever maintenance was done doesn't seem to have fixed this issue.

got exactly the same problem! tried to cancel my subscription but told me that i'm providing the wrong password for my facebook account, which i'm absolutely sure is the right password. what might be the problem? and how to solve it? please help spotify!

i am trying to upgrade my spotify but my password from facebook won't work.  i then ask to get sent a new password and it asks me to chnage it for facebook.  confused.

Guillermo_Aranz, seth, mrspanteva, cosmo1973: You've all been sent direct emails regarding this--please have a look in your inbox for a message from our support team.

Hipurry: I can see that your subscription has already been successfully cancelled. 

I cant cancel my premium subscription.  It says that my password is incorrect.  Help!

I am having the same problem - trying to cancel my subscription, but it says I am entering the wrong password. Please help. I need to cancel tonight or else I will be charged.

I had the same problem. It said that the password was incorrect. (was trying on my macbook) it really ignore me. But i found a solution. I did close down spotify and facebook on my macbook. Rebooted computer to Windows, and while using Chrome i did look in on spotify by facebook, and then i could easily cancel my subscription.

If you're unable to cancel/upgrade after both 1) trying a different browser and 2) logging out of Facebook, please get in touch via our Contact Form.

mgcfreak14 & acj1986- Keep an eye on your email as our support team has replied to both of you.

Marked as solution

Hey *,

I'm trying to upgrade from Spotify Free to Premium, the page at https://www.spotify.com/de/get-spotify/go/premium/ asks for a password, yet I have no idea which. My Spotify Account is connected to Facebook so I tried using my FB password to no avail..

Any hints? Is it just broken right now?

Marked as solution

Hey Avu-- I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread.

Please try changing the Internet browser you're using. Then head over to Facebook and make sure you're completely logged out.

Then give it another try from your subscription page.

Logging out of facebook did the trick, thanks!

Just sent a contact form to Spotify, but I've tried all the suggestion listed like logging out of facebook and spotify and restarting everything, but I still am unable to upgrade to Premium for getting the "wrong password" error message when the password is absolutey not wrong. Do you know when this will be fixed?

Well you posted it was under maintenance 4 weeks ago but it still don't work...

Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem. No matter what browser I'm using. Tried every solution I can think of.

Fix this asap...

I get "Login failed - wrong password" promted when aptemting to log in. I've got a "free account" and I DON*T HAVE FACEBOOK. So that can't be it.

I've also tried and reset my password - no luck there either.

I'm running Chrome.

Thanks for any help.

Marked as solution

uraanimursu- I can see you were able to successfully upgrade to Premium today. What worked for you? A new browser or multiple tries?

stabler- Sounds as though you're having a different issue here. Are you trying to upgrade or simply sign into the Spotify app?

Please be sure you're using your 'stabler' username (not your email address). If the issue is logging into app, trying shutting down and reopening the app after the password change.

I think I found a solution. 

1. Open Firefox (not Chrome) 
2. Log out of Facebook 
3. Go to www.spotify.com and "log in with facebook" 

Therefrom I was able to purchase Spotify Ultimate without it saying "wrong password" 🙂

Eventually try to clear your Cache as well, under "Options -> Privacy -> Clear recent history"

I tried everything and nothing worked. John, in the Spotify service department, reset my entire account, incuding payment information and it worked perfectly the next time I tried to upgrade! He said Spotify is having lots of issues with all the international expansion. I definately recommend contacting their service department. Rosalind and John couldn't have been more polite and helpful. Worked with me until we got it fixed!

Suggested posts