Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

gift card query

gift card query

my boyfriend bought me a £30 spotify gift card for christmas and i was hoping to be able to buy 6 months of premium with it after creditting it to my account - i am a student and have validated my nus card with my log on. however when i redeem my gift card it only gives me the option to buy premium at the full price for 3 months or download 45 tracks.... neither of which i want. can anyone help? if i select the premium option will it take into account my nus discount and give me sixth months? thanks

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, to my knowledge anyways, the NUS discounted rate is only available when paying by a rolling monthly subscription and not in conjunction with any other offers, whether that is gift cards or a yearly rolling subscription. 

For an official clarification (and possibly some more help with this) I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services people using the online contact form

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks.

i stil don't understand how that is correct though and i have contacted them via the link you gave me. i don't see how a gift card can be classified as an offer, as it was bought for me for £30 under the presumption it would just credit my account £30 and i could spend that on whatever i liked, not a specific service. if i were to buy a gift card for any retail store and went to buy an item that was discounted, eg. buying a sale jumper with a topshop gift card, they wouldn't tell me i couldn't buy it because i was paying with a gift card! it seems silly...

will keep you updated

frankie

I think this is down to how the Spotify system is designed to work with gift cards.

The gift cards are redeemable for the amount of premium/unlimited/downloads that are stated on the card, not the cash value of the card. Please let me know what support say when they get back to you 😉 

Peter

Peter

the concept of it being called a "gift card" is somewhat misleading then! if all else fails do you know if gift cards are returnable?

Interestingly, I would have a read at section 1 of the Gift Card terms are conditions at the bottom of this page.

Terms and conditions (UK)

1. The card and PIN can only be redeemed for certain Spotify products and services as described below, and cannot be redeemed for cash, and cannot be returned or resold (except where required by law).
  2. In order to redeem the PIN, you will be required to register as a Spotify member and you must be at least 13 years old.
  3. The PIN can be redeemed at www.spotify.com/redeem or if you are already a Spotify member, within your Spotify account.
  4. The PIN must be activated within 12 months from the date of purchase, which date is stated on your paper sales receipt.
  5. This PIN can be redeemed for a choice of Spotify Premium, Spotify Unlimited and Spotify Downloads, details of which can be found atwww.spotify.com/redeem.
  6. Depending on the country, Spotify Gift Cards can be redeemed for either Spotify Premium, Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Downloads
  7. Use of the Spotify Service is governed by all applicable Spotify Terms and Conditions, which can be found at www.spotify.com.
  8. You must accept all of the aforementioned conditions in order to redeem the PIN and use the Spotify Service.
  9. The full value of this card is deducted at PIN redemption. No incremental deductions are allowed and no change is given.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts