Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify to begin rolling out browser-based music app in beta today", is this true?

Solved!

"Spotify to begin rolling out browser-based music app in beta today", is this true?

First of all this might be posted in the wrong section but I don't know where should it belong to so sorry.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/15/3649068/spotify-browser-player-web-app

I just read this article on The Verge saying that a browser based Spotify player is being rolled-out today. I really hope this is true! If this is the case how do we sign up for it? I've been dying to use Spotify on my uni's computer clusters!

92 Replies

Still no browser client available. Has the beta been pulled?

@GharF wrote:

Still no browser client available. Has the beta been pulled?

Nope, it's still in beta. And as Jude mentioned, it's just being tested on a very limited number of people. 

Right, but I had access before..... It's simply my only option on my Win RT Tablet.

FYI, a couple times the browser version will stop and by ineffective after hours of usage. Closing tab seems to resolve issue...just letting you know...

Mattrwolf - Thanks, it's been passed on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Seems like some more features have rolled out...

able to "star" songs easier...

publishing songs played to facebook...

Keep up the good work!! 🙂

I think it should be mentioned in this thread that there is a dedicated feedback forum for the web player since Dec 2012.

hans-jürgen - I was going to post that, you beat me to it.

Guys, as hans-jürgen says, we do have a specific board for this now. If you could post your feedback in that direction, that would be lovely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Stupify +1!

Hi Sam,

Any plan to add scrobbling to the web player?

Also, will the web player have an affiliate program?

When can we expect the version after the beta ?

(not sure if the version is supposed to be called the alpha ..)

@Jude wrote:

Is Spotify moving over to the web ?

Absolutely not. It has always been our view that you'll get the very best performance from a dedicated installed app. This is not in any way a replacement. It's just another way for you to enjoy your music, everybody else's music, and hopefully a few more things too.

Five months later.... this turned out to be a lie. Did something change between November 2011 and now?

@Stupify wrote:

Jude wrote:

Is Spotify moving over to the web ?

Absolutely not. It has always been our view that you'll get the very best performance from a dedicated installed app. This is not in any way a replacement. It's just another way for you to enjoy your music, everybody else's music, and hopefully a few more things too.

Five months later.... this turned out to be a lie. Did something change between November 2011 and now?

We still have a dedicated installed app in that sense, even if it is using web technologies inside of it. (but apps have for ages anyways). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts