Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!

AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Hi!

Are there any plans for implementing AVRCP 1.3+ to enable Spotify metadata (such as track title and artist) to be displayed when playing through Blueooth?

For example, in my car I can see the name of the song, artist, and album when playing music through the standard Android music player, but I get nothing when playing songs through Spotify. 😞

Will this be added in an upcoming update?

Thanks!

122 Replies

Perfect. Installed on Motorola Razr with Android 4.1. in car mediasystem of Volvo XC60. Track and album information provided, navigation improved. Thanks.

Wish I could say the same. Still no metadata displaying on my Pioneer AVH-P3400BH (using a Samsung Note II). 😞

"Play Google Music All Access" is still working pretty well. I had one 10-second drop during a 20-minute drive this morning, otherwise OK. 

Why is this marked as solved when there is still no solution since 1,5years???

Even worse: not one developer comment or confirmation that this is beeing worked on

Why is this beeing ignored for Android while the IOS build got it since the very first build?

Most probably Google's All Access Music flat becomes more interesting than extending Spotify premium if Android users keep geeting ignored...

Greetz,

Nord

It's sad that Spotify cannot fix this natively and we are pointed at an effort of someone in the community.

Spotify doesn't support bluetooth connections at all, officially, so they're hardly likely to worry about AVRCP at the moment I'm afraid 😞

no problem if spotify doesnt reply us.

We will reply them IN THE CORRECT WAY when our premium subscription will expire AVOIDING to renew the premium subscription and jumping to other PROFESSIONAL services that work well.

*ANYWAY* the xda fix works LIKE A CHARM. I am going to *DONATE* to that coder to continue support the future spotify releases until i am a premium user.

To whom it might concern; The latest release of Android (4.3) now has official support for AVRCP. This in combination with the hacked version of Spotify do present the track title on my MW600 headset, and probably on any car unit as well.

Hopefully now that it will be part of the native Android stack, and all Nexus devices, Spotify will get their head in the game and fix this. Obviously, looking at the patch it's like 10 lines of code, if not even less.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to work with the official client as well. When did this get fixed?

Passes track name to my MW600, but nothing else. Artist/Album info would be good too.

It do passes Album and Artist through AVRCP, but the MW600 only displays the track name. I see all three in my car stereo.

It's simply unacceptable having no answer from the Spotify support team!

One more customer looking for alternatives...

INDEED i already cancelled my subscription that will expire next month.

I am evaluating other software.
 reasons:

1) Bluetooth not support at all;

2) Shamefully manage of the Random songs (always same singers/songs) in discovery mode....

i give them 1 more month...

Is it possible to unmark this as solved (since the solution is really using a different app) or would I need to post a new thread?

@jsa wrote:
Is it possible to unmark this as solved (since the solution is really using a different app) or would I need to post a new thread?

Just ignore the solved status, it doesn't really mean anything on issues like this. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My colleauge and I have the same car model but a different phone.

He have an iPhone and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

We have both Spotify on our phone.

Last week I was very surprised to see that he had track information on his car radio when playing music via bluetooth from Spotify.

I find it very disapointing from Spotify that they didn't include this in the Android version of there app.

We both pay the same for a Premium account but my colleauge have more functionalities then I have.

That doesn't sounds very logic!

So please Spotify include this ASAP also for Android.

Really!?

Last time I was on this forum I had a problem with the Windows Phone 8 version of Spotify - or the lack of it. Had to wait for months for them to release the already-finished software.. but anyways, I was just browsing about trying to figure out why my car stereo won't show Spotify's track info on the dash anymore (, now that I acquired my new toy, HTC One).

This came as a pretty huge surprise to me.. of all the platforms, Android doesn't have all the bells and whistles on its app??

Come on, Spotify.. you implemented this feature to the WP8 version of your app, so how hard can it be to update the version that has the most users and keep the customers satisfied? 😄

Pretty bummed out finding that this thread is over year and a half old. Not too likely that Spotify's going to fix the app anytime soon..

Marked as solution

I have AVRCP support w/o a mod! It seems that android 4.3 fixes this issue. I have a galaxy nexus and was previously running a custom ROM, i decided to revert back to stock, which is now on 4.3 and Spotify suddenly has metadata being sent to my MyFord Touch system in my car.

To all those w/o a nexus branded phone, I think the best hope would be to install a 4.3 ROM, hope this works out for everyone.

It does appear that Android 4.3 solves the AVRCP issue.  I have a Android Maxx phone running 4.1.2 which can't send the AVRCP information over bluetooth to my cars audio system, but my recently purchased Nexus 7 running 4.3 sends the AVRCP perfectly.   Guess I'll have to wait for my wireless provider to update my phone (if ever!).

Hi here,

I'm just here to ask for the Bluetooth support too.

Almost 2 years of subscription now, and still waiting for it.

Here is a link to a fourm that a member decompiled the code and was able to mod it to enable AVRCP.  I tried it and it DOES for a fact WORK.  The person even attached the code in which he did the trick.  It looks like it is simple code to add to the Spotify app, but I wonder why Spotify wont enable it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44108915#post44108915

This problem has not been resolved.  This is what we'll call a 3rd party workaround.  This is a direct quote I've received from a Spotify Representative today: "The reason is that Spotify doesn't officially support bluetooth connections."  Spotify, if you say that you review customer requests, this is the longest standing unresolved issue.  This is not a minor bug, but rather a standard that has been around since 2007.  All of the other media players support it and you are the only company that has fallen behind.

Suggested posts