AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: AVRCP support to see artist and track metadata during Bluetooth playback

Casual Listener

Perfect. Installed on Motorola Razr with Android 4.1. in car mediasystem of Volvo XC60. Track and album information provided, navigation improved. Thanks.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Wish I could say the same. Still no metadata displaying on my Pioneer AVH-P3400BH (using a Samsung Note II). 😞

"Play Google Music All Access" is still working pretty well. I had one 10-second drop during a 20-minute drive this morning, otherwise OK. 

Highlighted

Regular

Why is this marked as solved when there is still no solution since 1,5years???

Even worse: not one developer comment or confirmation that this is beeing worked on

Why is this beeing ignored for Android while the IOS build got it since the very first build?

Most probably Google's All Access Music flat becomes more interesting than extending Spotify premium if Android users keep geeting ignored...

Greetz,

Nord

Highlighted

Regular

It's sad that Spotify cannot fix this natively and we are pointed at an effort of someone in the community.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Spotify doesn't support bluetooth connections at all, officially, so they're hardly likely to worry about AVRCP at the moment I'm afraid 😞

Highlighted

Regular

no problem if spotify doesnt reply us.

We will reply them IN THE CORRECT WAY when our premium subscription will expire AVOIDING to renew the premium subscription and jumping to other PROFESSIONAL services that work well.

*ANYWAY* the xda fix works LIKE A CHARM. I am going to *DONATE* to that coder to continue support the future spotify releases until i am a premium user.

Highlighted

Regular

To whom it might concern; The latest release of Android (4.3) now has official support for AVRCP. This in combination with the hacked version of Spotify do present the track title on my MW600 headset, and probably on any car unit as well.

Hopefully now that it will be part of the native Android stack, and all Nexus devices, Spotify will get their head in the game and fix this. Obviously, looking at the patch it's like 10 lines of code, if not even less.

EDIT: Actually, it seems to work with the official client as well. When did this get fixed?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Passes track name to my MW600, but nothing else. Artist/Album info would be good too.

Highlighted

Regular

It do passes Album and Artist through AVRCP, but the MW600 only displays the track name. I see all three in my car stereo.

Highlighted

It's simply unacceptable having no answer from the Spotify support team!

One more customer looking for alternatives...
SUGGESTED POSTS