Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All of my downloads have been deleted from my device

All of my downloads have been deleted from my device

Hello Spotify. 

In the past few weeks, I've encountered a problem where Spotify randomly deletes a few downloaded songs off the device. To clarify, the download was deleted off the device, but the song remained saved in the library. 

Today, my entire library of downloaded music was deleted. Once again to clarify, the local download was deleted. 

Some observations to help with the debugging process:

• Android version: 4.4.2
  • HTC One Mini 2
  • Spotify has been regularly updated during the past few weeks. 
  • The described problem has never occured in the past when I almost always had set Spotify to "Offline Mode". 
  • Downloaded songs have never been deleted from Playlists. I have only experienced downloaded songs being deleted from the "Saved Albums" part of the library. 
  • Deletion seems to occur when the Spotify app is first launched after turning the device on / restarting. I have never experienced deletion in the middle of a listening session.

A workaround to this problem is to always set Spotify to offline mode. However, I hope Spotify manages to find a solution to this problem since having all of your downloads deleted on a regular basis is enough of a nuisance for customers to leave the platform entirely. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts