Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All playlists removed from device

All playlists removed from device

Today I opened spotify on my mobile to find all the playlists that I had marked as "available offline" were reset and all the music was gone. What happened here, and how can I revert that?

It was especially annoying since I was on a long trip and did not have data service available at that time.

6 Replies

Was spotify in offline mode for 30 days? If so, the offline content would have been wiped but you should have got a regular warning of remaining offline days on launching the app. All you can do now is redownload the music.

No, just two days before that everything was just fine... (and I also was online with my phone on the very same day)

Note that I did not receive any error messages. All my playlists just switched their status from "available in offline mode" to "not available in offline mode".

A current premium subscription is shown here? Did it drop off for a day for some reason maybe? 

Yes:

You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2014-04-25. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account.

Thanks. It sounds like the issue others have with playlists "undownloading" and discussed in this thread and which hasn't been resolved.

There doesn't seem to be a solution bit, if it happens again and you are using an external SD card, it's worth removing the card and reinstalling spotify to fix the cache in internal storage. 

Thanks, I had not considered this thread relevant since it did not mention anything about playlists changing their "offline availability status". I added my problem description to it.

Suggested posts