Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify downloads blank songs

The Wifi at my work requires you to login before being able to browse the web. If you attempt to visit any url without first signing in it redirects you to a "webpage unavailable" message. I would expect Spotify to fail to download songs, but it does...

• Regular
  • The Wifi at my work requires you to login before being able to browse the web.  If you attempt to visit any url without first signing in it redirects you to a "webpage unavailable" message. &nbs...
  • mazzzzz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Kit Kat lock screen - LG G2

Hey! I updated my Galaxy S4 to kitkat just before I dropped and smashed it. I became very attached to the boarderless cover art in the lock screen. Now after updating my LG G2 to Kit Kat I still have the "old" widget. Is there any way to activate the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   I updated my Galaxy S4 to kitkat just before I dropped and smashed it. I became very attached to the boarderless cover art in the lock screen. Now after updating my LG G2 to Kit Kat I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't synch - android doesn't show under devices

Sounds like I'm having the same problem. Since the last update I cant download my local files (mp3s on my laptop, which I imported in spotify) to my spotify app. It used to work, but it can't connect anymore

• Regular
  • Sounds like I'm having the same problem. Since the last update I cant download my local files (mp3s on my laptop, which I imported in spotify) to my spotify app. It used to work, but it can't connect...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify disconnects wifi while downloading

While downloading songs to my Motorola Droid Maxx, running Android 4.2.2 and Spotify 0.6.6.270, Spotify appears to force my wifi (g) connection to drop after a song finishes downloading. Wifi immediately reconnects after it drops out. This does not o...

• Regular
  • While downloading songs to my Motorola Droid Maxx, running Android 4.2.2 and Spotify 0.6.6.270, Spotify appears to force my wifi (g) connection to drop after a song finishes downloading.  Wifi i...
  • Zilver
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone not showing up on Desktop Spotify App

Looking for some help with this! I have read some post on the board but they dont help me First problem - I was looking to sync some local music (local on desktop) to my Android devive (S3) Second problem - i can not see my device on the Spofity desk...

• Casual Listener
  • Looking for some help with this!   I have read some post on the board but they dont help me 😞   First problem - I was looking to sync some local music (local on desktop) to my And...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod Audio Effect Missing

I only can hear the beats and chorus playing. not not when somebody sings.

• I only can hear the beats and chorus playing. not not when somebody sings.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Screen Galaxy S4 - ATT

Hi Just got the new galaxy S4 - everytime I login I see my lists for less than a bit of a second - then the screen is blank and the app is unresponsive - I followed the troubleshooting instuctions available on the site - still with the same issue Wha...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Just got the new galaxy S4 - everytime I login I see my lists for less than a bit of a second - then the screen is blank and the app is unresponsive - I followed the troubleshooting instuctions av...
  • weelox
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pauses constantly on Motorola Xoom after 2/14 upgrade

Hi - after updating Spotify on my Motorola Xoom tablet today music will only play for a few seconds and then it pauses itself. When I hit play it will play for a few seconds and then pause again. The update seems fine on my Galaxy Nexus phone. I trie...

• Hi - after updating Spotify on my Motorola Xoom tablet today music will only play for a few seconds and then it pauses itself. When I hit play it will play for a few seconds and then pause again. &nb...
  • Zilver
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Playlists all tracks are GREYED out

So here is the problem I'm having. I have premium, blew away my PC, downloaded spotify and exported my iTunes playlists and nearly everything is greyed out now. When i went to try to play songs I had available minutes ago, it says "This track is not ...

• Visitor
  • So here is the problem I'm having. I have premium, blew away my PC, downloaded spotify and exported my iTunes playlists and nearly everything is greyed out now. When i went to try to play songs I had...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

pro is not working

I'm having the same problem. I just signed up for the 30-day trial and when I try to play my playlist it says "Only premium users can stream on demand on mobile" and when I click "get premium" it shows that I am subscribed to premium already. Very fr...

• I'm having the same problem. I just signed up for the 30-day trial and when I try to play my playlist it says "Only premium users can stream on demand on mobile" and when I click "get premium" it sho...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i desable my account?

I need to desable my account but don't know how

• Casual Listener
  • I need to desable my account but don't know how
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I hide playlists?

I have organized all my Playlists in Subfolders, and then downloaded them on my phone. Now, in the spotify App I always have to scroll throu all the "downloaded playlists" (which are a lot) to get down to my folders in which I organized them. Is ther...

• Regular
  • I have organized all my Playlists in Subfolders, and then downloaded them on my phone. Now, in the spotify App I always have to scroll throu all the "downloaded playlists" (which are a lot) to get do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium not working

Upgraded to premium, have the receipt. Does not seem to be working, still have ads and still says to upgrade. I tried clicking upgrade again and it showed I was already premium, I've tried everything I've found so far on this site and no dice. I've s...

• Casual Listener
  • Upgraded to premium, have the receipt. Does not seem to be working, still have ads and still says to upgrade. I tried clicking upgrade again and it showed I was already premium, I've tried every...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 133 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 3 likes

spotify on android drains battery and heating on the phone

I am using spotify on my android phone for 3 or 4 months but spotify drains too much battery. I tried different roms different batteries still same. Spotify needsto do something i think because i cant use this appMy phone is HTC Sensation XL with one...

• Regular
  • I am using spotify on my android phone for 3 or 4 months but spotify drains too much battery. I tried different roms different batteries still same. Spotify needsto do something i think because i can...
  • NAZO
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat button in Android App

Sorry for this question, but I've read a lot of answers, but I still can not find the solution. In the application for Android can not find the repeat button!! Reading in the network (and here on the fourm) it says to click the i button and in the op...

• Regular
  • Sorry for this question, but I've read a lot of answers, but I still can not find the solution. In the application for Android can not find the repeat button!!   Reading in the network (an...
  • thenaturesounds
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select songs to play

Do you have to have premium subscription in order to select a song you want to listen to? My only option is "shuffle play" and I only want to listen to the artist/album I selected

• Do you have to have premium subscription in order to select a song you want to listen to? My only option is "shuffle play" and I only want to listen to the artist/album I selected
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • selection
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Can't log in with the spotify app

this is on my galaxy s1 plus. I was able to use it a few days ago, however it was always in offline n mode. so I tried to log off and on again. I can log in if I use a browser or use the computer software. my username is 1128179971.

• Casual Listener
  • this is on my galaxy s1 plus. I was able to use it a few days ago, however it was always in offline n mode. so I tried to log off and on again. I can log in if I use a browser or use the computer sof...
  • Bajin
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Offline Mode

Hi; in offline mode while listening to music on my phone more than 3 - 4 songs in a row when the phone is standing skip, and I already miss playing music is moving one by one

• Casual Listener
  • Hi; in offline mode while listening to music on my phone more than 3 - 4 songs in a row when the phone is standing skip, and I already miss playing music is moving one by one
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Predictive searching

Ive noticied on my friends Iphoe when they go to search something on spotify. As each letter is typed its suggests what it may be. Sort of the way google does it when you are searching the net. Rather than having to type out the whole band or song i ...

• Ive noticied on my friends Iphoe when they go to search something on spotify. As each letter is typed its suggests what it may be.    Sort of the way google does it when you are searchi...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can not log on to spotify via the facebook app

I use a sony neo which a android device version 2.3.4 - latest update. The app has been runing on the phone before, I swtiched to a sony z1 and that was no problem either, I sold the phone because it was simply big and am willing to use the Sony Neo ...

• Visitor
  • I use a sony neo which a android device version 2.3.4 - latest update. The app has been runing on the phone before, I swtiched to a sony z1 and that was no problem either, I sold the phone because it...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes