Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts off during bootup on Samsung S4

Ever since the KitKat update, whenever I start spotify it says "The process spotify has been stopped" (Pure guessing on the exact text as I'm just translating it from the Swedish "Spotify har stoppats.". Nothing works when I attempt to fix it. I've t...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the KitKat update, whenever I start spotify it says "The process spotify has been stopped" (Pure guessing on the exact text as I'm just translating it from the Swedish "Spotify har stoppat...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline Playlist Randomly Deleted Repeatedly.

I'm fairly sure it isn't because if the device limit, but my playlists on my three offline devices (My android phone and tablet and my windows 7 desktop) and I really cannot figure out why. Its been playing up ever since I have started to use the ser...

• I'm fairly sure it isn't because if the device limit, but my playlists on my three offline devices (My android phone and tablet and my windows 7 desktop) and I really cannot figure out why. Its been ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One - Downloaded songs randomly skip - Premium User

Hi, A very frustrating issue which is annoying and cant seem to find any solution for anywhere.I have a HTC One, with the latest version of Spotfy from the Play Store.Download songs will randomly skip only when played through headphones . Have reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, A very frustrating issue which is annoying and cant seem to find any solution for anywhere. I have a HTC One, with the latest version of Spotfy from the Play Store. Download songs will ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize my phone

LG 4x HD, Tried to add some local datas after about ~3 Months without adding new local datas. Spotify wont recognize my phone and thus not download any local stuff.. Spotify isnt blocked by my firewall. Tried reinstalling the app and desktop version....

• Regular
  • LG 4x HD, Tried to add some local datas after about ~3 Months without adding new local datas. Spotify wont recognize my phone and thus not download any local stuff.. Spotify isnt blocked by my firewa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing is working!

I've been using my sister'a spotify account for a while because she has unlimited, so I decided to sign up for unlimited myself and use my account. It's been 5 days, and I've had nothing but problems. I can't get any of my music offline like I could ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using my sister'a spotify account for a while because she has unlimited, so I decided to sign up for unlimited myself and use my account. It's been 5 days, and I've had nothing but problems...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Can't get music offline
    Can't select music
    Signed up for unlimited membership
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists removed from device

Today I opened spotify on my mobile to find all the playlists that I had marked as "available offline" were reset and all the music was gone. What happened here, and how can I revert that? It was especially annoying since I was on a long trip and did...

• Regular
  • Today I opened spotify on my mobile to find all the playlists that I had marked as "available offline" were reset and all the music was gone. What happened here, and how can I revert that? It was e...
  • icksie
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

premium devices

Got a new phone yesterday and i went to download my playlists on my device. Turned on my tablet to find everything had been undownloaded as i had more than 3 devices. Reset my devices as suggested and downloaded again on 3 devices only. Went to turn ...

• Got a new phone yesterday and i went to download my playlists on my device. Turned on my tablet to find everything had been undownloaded as i had more than 3 devices. Reset my devices as suggested an...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Internet problem

Hello everybody. I have problems to use Spotify on Wi-Fi with Android. I can connect and use the application, but when the phone system is some idle time, the application disconnects from the internet and I have to open the application again to re-co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody. I have problems to use Spotify on Wi-Fi with Android. I can connect and use the application, but when the phone system is some idle time, the application disconnects from the interne...
  • JeffersonLima
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! queue isnt resetting like it used to

Hi guys, before the latest version if I selected a playlist im sure it would reset my queue but would retain hard added tracks. Tonight I noticed that the queue seems to be cumulating/duplicating my choices. I.e chose shuffle playlist1 and then again...

• Roadie
  • Hi guys, before the latest version if I selected a playlist im sure it would reset my queue but would retain hard added tracks. Tonight I noticed that the queue seems to be cumulating/duplicating my ...
  • andedrunkard
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Forced to resync songs to offline mode

Hi guys, I have a problem with Spotify's offline mode. I can sync songs to my external sd card just fine; however, the songs do not stay synced. While in offline mode, the songs will suddenly become unavailable after an hour of unuse or after restart...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys,   I have a problem with Spotify's offline mode. I can sync songs to my external sd card just fine; however, the songs do not stay synced. While in offline mode, the songs will sudde...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'Browse' and 'Discover' tab gone frome mobile app after the new update

Hey everyone, I updated to the newest version of Spotify a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it, but I have one really annoying bug. The 'Browse' and 'Discover' tabs have disappeared from my phone menu after this update. I still have them on my com...

Spotify
  • Regular
  • Hey everyone,   I updated to the newest version of Spotify a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it, but I have one really annoying bug.   The 'Browse' and 'Discover' tabs have disa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify account lagging/crashing on all devices.

Hello, Gonna try get help from here because the support team aren't being all that helpful. Since the last update for android (0.7.9), whenever I have the playlist tab open, my playlists will load really slowly and most of the time will stop loading,...

• Regular
  • Hello, Gonna try get help from here because the support team aren't being all that helpful. Since the last update for android (0.7.9), whenever I have the playlist tab open, my playlists will...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs wont sync to Andriod

I bought an album off of Itunes and transferred it to a Spotify playlist. They all worked except one song, the message "This track is not available" comes up when I try to play it off of my phone. It will work on my laptop off of Spotify though. It i...

• I bought an album off of Itunes and transferred it to a Spotify playlist. They all worked except one song, the message "This track is not available" comes up when I try to play it off of my phone. It...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Available Songs/Tracks Won't Play

Only one of my playlists have this problem but when I go to play the songs on shuffle on my android phone suggested songs play instead of my playlist is there a way of turning this off?

• Casual Listener
  • Only one of my playlists have this problem but when I go to play the songs on shuffle on my android phone suggested songs play instead of my playlist is there a way of turning this off?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! External SD Card

Hi. I've been using Spotify Premium for a few months now. My external card has now 9 GB free space(I downloaded the songs from Spotify, Spotify online) and my phone has like 7-8 GB free space(Galaxy S4). I think Spotify downloads songs into where the...

• Regular
  • Hi. I've been using Spotify Premium for a few months now. My external card has now 9 GB free space(I downloaded the songs from Spotify, Spotify online) and my phone has like 7-8 GB free space(Galaxy ...
  • Ranghild
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezing on mobile data

Hi! My phone does well when I play music on Spotify via my wifi in any condition and state of screen and whole device. Problem starts when I go outside. It plays a few songs normally (1-3 songs), even when screen turns off, but on next song it plays ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi! My phone does well when I play music on Spotify via my wifi in any condition and state of screen and whole device. Problem starts when I go outside. It plays a few songs normally (1-3 songs), eve...
  • Sincredible
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug - Connect is unstable when Mobile Device turns into sleep mode

Hey there.. As a German user please be patient with my grammar. My connect setupSender: galaxy s4 playlist in shuffle mode Player: nexus 7 connected to a set of boxesProblemAfter picking a playlist with my s4, I turn off the display. A few songs late...

• Hey there.. As a German user please be patient with my grammar. My connect setup Sender: galaxy s4 playlist in shuffle mode Player: nexus 7 connected to a set of boxes Problem After pick...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug connect wake wifi nexus 7 s4 reconnect problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth problem

Bluetooth connection to my car stereo works very good until the screen turns off on my Note 2, after that the sound is stuttering every 3-4 seconds. When I turn the screen on again, the sound flows perfectly. This only happens on bluetooth connection...

• Regular
  • Bluetooth connection to my car stereo works very good until the screen turns off on my Note 2, after that the sound is stuttering every 3-4 seconds. When I turn the screen on again, the sound flows p...
  • Johnsa
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant delete 2 playlists android

hi ive got 20 playlist entries i can not get rid of on the android app! i have no access to a computer for awhile so i cant try on a computer!

• Regular
  • hi ive got 20 playlist entries i can not get rid of on the android app! i have no access to a computer for awhile so i cant try on a computer!
  • destinywlf
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files wont sync

So for almost a year now even after this new update that was supposed to make everything work better I still cannot sync my local files to my phone without using the work around of making a seperate playlist. When I first had the issue I was in conta...

• Casual Listener
  • So for almost a year now even after this new update that was supposed to make everything work better I still cannot sync my local files to my phone without using the work around of making a seperate ...
  • BatmanHG
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes