Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8+

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Trying to listen to different podcasts, but keep getting the same error message. "An error occured". App is up to date, not sure why this is happening.

5 Replies

Hey @cedrington34, help's here.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall. Also make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and try switching between networks to see if that helps. 

If that doesn't help, let us know if this happens with all podcasts, and whether you have downloaded them. A screenshot would be helpful here.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi! I have similar problem on my LG G2 smatphone.

It's even stranger because I can't play only one specific podcast- Joe Rogan Experience. I thought it's maybe because of lenght- but I can play longer episodes from different podcast. I have 2GB free, I use newest version on spotify app and downloanding eposode doesn't help.

I can play Joe Rogan podcast form my computer, the problem only occur on my LG G2 smartphone.

Hey @fudzior!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

Can you let us know if you have trouble playing all episodes of the JRE podcast or just certain ones?

Just to confirm, have you tried the steps in @Jemi's post above to perform a clean reinstall of your app to make sure that no old cached files are causing trouble here.

If that doesn't help, we'll need to know your exact Spotify and Android version so that we can investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you Elena for your quick reply,

Yes, I made clean reinstall and removed old cached files.

The problem still exists - no episode from JRE is playing - I checked 3h long and shorter 58min.

I use:

Spotify 8.5.74.834

Android 4.4.2

Alrighty @fudzior!

Do you get the same error message if you use a different internet connection?

Does this happen on other mobile devices as well, for example you can try logging in on a friend's or a family member's phone to see how it goes?

Lastly, it would help us a lot if you could send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting when trying to play the podcast.

Thanks for your cooperation!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts