Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

So i have Spotify on my AVR, PC, Android Mobile, but not in my car. Not a big problem, just connect the phone via bluetooth.

Works like a charm, the only downside, the Song/Album/Artist information is not transmited when using the spotify android app. A quick test with the default android player shows that this works perfectly. I see song/album/artist on the car display.

So please, add this functionality to the android app. (to spare you the search implement A2DP/AVRCP 1.3 🙂

195 Replies

Hmm, so it seems like the workaround (using another app first), seems to work for most users experiencing the issue, I would have thought that it should be realitivley simple to identify and fix the problem. I get that it's not a major issue, but it is a shame that nothing has been done about it.

Does anyone one what the official stance is on this issue? Is there any way we can draw the attention of Spotify to this forum thread? I am no familiar with the process of reporting issues/bugs, is this the only mehtod - as it doesn't seem like anyone from Spotify is monitoring/replying to messages?

Many thanks!

Also, another point to mention is that I was using Spotify a fair bit over the weekend in the car, and on a couple of occasions after starting the car and the phone connecting, the metadata did show up correctly and changed when I skipped songs (elapsed/remaining time didn't work). However I did not run any apps first as a workaround - unfortunatley I wasn't trying anyhting new so am unable to reapeat the process to get it to work - seems to be hit and miss - 95% of the time it doesn't work.

I was really hoping it was an update that fixed it, but unfortunatley not!

Please help Spotify - we would really love it if you can help us with this minor - but extremley annoying issue!

I am in this same boat (or car)! I love using my 8tracks app because it actually shows me which songs are playing through my car's screen. It's super convenient because I don't have to look down at my phone to see what's playing. I end up using 8tracks a TON more than I do spotify because of this.

8tracks also has newer music. But I still like Spotify because I can replay a song to my heart's content. So Spotify, please get on 8tracks' level and stream the song title in our cars. Thank you!

It will be safer for drivers on the road and it'll keep you competitive with other music streaming servies. Win-Win-Win.

Same problem here, 

The guys from Spotify Cares page on facebook asked me to show support here, so, I'll copy and paste the conversation:

Hi! I'm a premium user and was wondering if you guys could help me... How can I make Music and Artists names appear on the display of the car when it's connected to the Spotify app on my phone via bluetooth? It only appears the word 'PAUSED' on the display, even though it's playing normally. The smartphone, of course, shows all the information properly. I've already tried (multiple times) to remove and reconnect the device to the car, but is there anything else I can do? Oh, don't think it's relevant, but the car we are talking about is the New Ford Ka. And I'm in Brazil. Thanks!

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Just to check - what device are you running Spotify on exactly? Also, which OS & Spotify version are you running?

The device is a Sony Xperia L(C2104), Android 4.2.2 (it will not be updated anymore), the version of Spotify is 2.8.0.1081

Actually, I've just updated the spotify version, now it is 2.9.0.890, but the problem continues.

Thanks Laís. We don't currently support this functionality, I'm afraid.

For now, we recommend that you show your support here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-App-Transmit-Track-Info-via-Bluetooth-A2DP-AVR..., to make our developers aware that you'd like to see it in the future.

Is there any other way of reporting the problem?

I'm running Android 5.0.2 on Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Spotify v2.9.0.890

This functionality does not work either (of course)!

Forced to move from Sony Music Unlimited where this did work perfectly!

Come on Spotify Devs what are you doing with all that profit $$$$????

@La_sartori wrote:
Same problem here, The guys from Spotify Cares page on facebook asked me to show support here, so, I'll copy and paste the conversation:Hi! I'm a premium user and was wondering if you guys could help me... How can I make Music and Artists names appear on the display of the car when it's connected to the Spotify app on my phone via bluetooth? It only appears the word 'PAUSED' on the display, even though it's playing normally. The smartphone, of course, shows all the information properly. I've already tried (multiple times) to remove and reconnect the device to the car, but is there anything else I can do? Oh, don't think it's relevant, but the car we are talking about is the New Ford Ka. And I'm in Brazil. Thanks!Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Just to check - what device are you running Spotify on exactly? Also, which OS & Spotify version are you running?The device is a Sony Xperia L(C2104), Android 4.2.2 (it will not be updated anymore), the version of Spotify is 2.8.0.1081Actually, I've just updated the spotify version, now it is 2.9.0.890, but the problem continues.Thanks Laís. We don't currently support this functionality, I'm afraid. For now, we recommend that you show your support here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-App-Transmit-Track-Info-via-Bluetooth-A2DP-AVR... to make our developers aware that you'd like to see it in the future.Is there any other way of reporting the problem?

@mordibe wrote:
I'm running Android 5.0.2 on Xperia Z2 (D6503)Spotify v2.9.0.890This functionality does not work either (of course)!Forced to move from Sony Music Unlimited where this did work perfectly!Come on Spotify Devs what are you doing with all that profit $$$$????

Hi both, Spotify has always transmitted the date from my HTC One M7/M8 & M9 to my BMW system. It's odd that some auidio systems don't reiev it, but a lolt of the time this is due to the bluetooth stack or A2DP version used on the car radio. It's worth checking to see what A2DP version is used on your rasio and if it supports full metadata receipt.

There is a helper app which some have found works on the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.autoaudio

maybe try and see if this helps get the data to your stereo

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm happy to say that since the recently released version of the Spotify android app I now get all the information including track time display in my car. Smiley Very Happy

I have noticed that as well. It still is a little buggy as i have to close
the app and reopen sometimes but it def does work as expected after.

The bluetooth seems not work well on certain low end devices. I have tested on iPhone 5S, HTC One M7 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Only 5S fully works. The connection is always unstable with the other two devices. I have to personally copy the music from PC to Android to let Spotify work on my old device. 

this new function is crashing my android bluetooth sharing... Samsung S3 with Android 4.3 version.

is there any possibility to me download a ealier version of Spotify, so I could back to use on my car?

thanks

The data and buttons to control next and previous songs used to work in my car stereo: pioneer mvh 360bt. Suddenly it just stoped to function and built in music app took over spotify? What the heck happened, no idea.. I did not even install New apps or anything, just kept updating apps.. Maybe music app or spotify had an update which messed up it?

I can still normally listen to music with bluetooth and spotify, but i cant change songs with stereo buttons and stereo screen shows "no title" or "no name"..

How to fix this? I tried to use some advices above, didnt work..

Using huawei honor 6..

Hello,

I have the same problem with my

- Plantronics Backbeat Headphone

- LG Navigation/Radio System (Kia C'eed)

- Huawei P6

- another Bluetooth equipment.

Since the last update I cannot control (Play/Next/Stop) the player and I don't see the titles/song that is playing.

Please fix this bug quick....

Thanks.

Bernd.

Still investigating what happens, but when I do not see metadata on my car radio via Bluetooth I tried to switch off Bluetooth on my phone and disconnect and then switch on again. 

It worked. 

Not very comfortable, but it worked. 

Just to try to debug what is happening. 

Camillo 

Hi Camillo,

I tried to do the same steps but still not working.

Today I installad the Update to Spotify 3.8.0.800 and still the same isue.

Bernd.

Hi @Bernie78

can You check if You are running the latest available firmware for all those devices?

- Plantronics Backbeat Headphone

- LG Navigation/Radio System (Kia C'eed)

- Huawei P6

- another Bluetooth equipment.

Thank you!

Camillo

Hi Camillo,

yes. On all devices I'm running the latest  available firmware. With other player software it works, except Spotify....

Thanks.

Bernd.

Hey @Bernie78

Just to clarify, which device and version of OS are you using with Spotify when connected to your bluetooth devices?

Hi Pete,

I use Android 4.4.2.

I got a solution for my problem yesterday. I install Spotify Client 3.4.0.762 from this Post.

This Morning everything works perfectly.

Bernd.

Hi,

had exactly the same issue here, using Huawei Ascend G6 4G(G6-L11) and Android 4.4.2.

Also, since updating to latest Spotify app, media keys and file properties were not sent.

I did install the old app and everything is working fine. Seems to be a bug in newest Spotify app?

Leendert

Hello,

I use Android 4.4.2. in a Huawei Ascend P7.

I've got a BMW f10 2012 and I have had the same problem with the bluetooth connection bweteen my car and Spotify:

• I could not change the tracks from my car buttons
  • I could not see the track information in the car screen
  • I could just listen to the music from Spotify

Thanks to Bernie78 , now I've installed the old version of the Spotify Client: 3.4.0.762 from this Post.

And now everything works.

I can't believe while Spotify anounces the integartion of Spotify with the new BMW 7 Series the new version of the application leaves the rest of the users without bluetooth functionality.

Spotify development team, Could you please fix this issue for the next update?

Thanks in advance,

Suggested posts