Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Lyrics Sync while playing in a different device

[Android][Other] Lyrics Sync while playing in a different device

I would like to be able to see the lyrics in my TV [Android TV] while the music it's playing in another device.

Right now this is possible in almost all devices. For example while Spotify it's playing in my Google Chromecast audio or Smartphone, I can see the lyrics in the PC (or the smartphone) without having to play the music locally.

11 Replies

Hey there @Nehemoth

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Could you let us know if you're able to see the lyrics on your TV when you play music directly on it? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi. I doubt that it fits better here as it's not a problem but I'll play along.

I'm able to see the lyrics on the Nvidia Shield TV without any issues whatsoever, the only problem it's that to do so I NEED TO PLAY the song in the Shield, while in other devices I'm able to select the song (lyrics) while the music is playing elsewhere.

What I want to do,  it's watch the lyrics in my TV [using the Nvidia Shield TV in this case] while the music is playing in another device, in essence I want to avoid my TV crappy speakers.

Right now if I select a song in the Nvidia Shield TV, it automatically will play it instead of showing me the details of that particular song, including lyrics, again like in other Spotify clients.

Thank you.

Hey @Nehemoth,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know what happens once you play a song from the Nvidia Shield and then switch over to another device, like a speaker using Spotify Connect?

Do the lyrics stop showing on the TV alltogether.

Note that this issue may be caused by having too many devices actively connected to your Spotify account. We'd recommend leaving on only the TV and your phone or speaker to test this.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @alex thank you for the follow up.

Yes, when I switch to another device while showing the lyrics in the Nvidia Shield TV, it automatically falls back to the Spotify main screen.

Note: It looks like Spotify removed the multiples device account configuration limitations a long time ago (thank Yog Sothog) as I remember an old message that indicated that I'd reach the limit in which I could be able to have my account configure. Anyway, that was redundant as not matter in how many devices you account has been configure, you only can use one at a time.

Hi @Nehemoth,

Thank you for your reply and clarifications. 

We've run son tests and can confirm that even if you're using the Connect feature to play on one device and control the music from another, the lyrics should still show on both devices. 

We believe this may be caused by the specific setup, so could you make sure your TV doesn't have any pending firmware updates? 

Also, it's worth reinstalling the Spotify app on the TV, if it allows you to do so.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

First, thank you @MafeG for the follow up.

Note here that I'm speaking about Spotify on the Nvidia Shield TV, having said that I did what you asked and the same behavior continues.

To be throughout I went to the Shield TV App list and did the following:

1. Cleared Spotify Cache 2. Cleared Spotify data. 3. Uninstalled Spotify 4. Rebooted the Nvidia Shield 5. Installed and logged back to Spotify 6. Played a song in the Nvidia shield and opened the lyrics. 7. From my Phone, choosed another device. Automatically it began to play in the other device Spotify switched back to the main screen from the lyrics.

Hey there @Nehemoth,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

After examining the situation again, we believe this may be caused by the Nvidia Shield TV, keep in mind that we only provide the API for third party devices so some features may not work as the native desktop/mobile apps. 

With this in mind, since we haven't seen any other recent reports about this issue, we can suggest you contact the folks from Nvidia support to double check if they can suggest different troubleshooting steps. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Hi @MafeG, thanks you for the follow up.

Will do that and again, thank you very much for everything.

Hi,

i have a Mi TV P1 with Android TV. Downloaded the Spotify App from the Play Store and i encounter the exact same issue. I want to listen on my phone with headphones or my music speaker connected and also show the lyrics on the TV.

I am having the same issue when trying to view the lyrics from any of my TVs. I have several different versions of the TV app and have the same issue described here on all of the devices (Roku stick, Roku TV, Roku 4k stick, android TV on Bravia, and android TV on TCL). I believe this used to work for me when I was on a family plan, but recently I've been on free and individual plans when I've seen this issue. Is this an account level restriction?

i’ve been having the same issue too, right now trying to listen to music on my iPhone 11 which is connected to my speakers via bluetooth i then try to click the currently playing song on my PlayStations Spotify app and it just starts playing on the playstation and stops on my phone. and the spotify plan i have is the duo one.  

Suggested posts