Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Play Entire Library (Not Liked Songs)

Can't Play Entire Library (Not Liked Songs)

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel2 XL

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

In the past, I could save an entire album (or specific songs) to my library and then shuffle them all.  With the latest updates, I'm still able to save songs to my library, but there's no way for me to view a list of all those songs.  I understand that now there's a Liked Songs playlist but this only includes individual songs I've liked. 

During my long commutes I use to be able to go to my Library and hit shuffle and listen to a mix of my 2000+ songs.  Or listen to those songs in order from most recently added to least.  This is impossible now unless I add songs to my library (one click) AND hit the heart next to each individual song (as far i can tell there's no heart shortcut for a whole album). 

I'm not sure if this was intended or not but this essentially disrupts the way that I've used the app for years after switch from Google Play and is super unfortunate.  For the first time in years I'm considering alternatives.  

Please let me know if there's a button or playlist that I'm not seeing.

2 Replies

I took another look, and here's what I did for any one else who comes across this. The quickest way to emulate the past functionlity:

1) From the album page hit SAVE. This will save it to your library.  

2) Go to the Your Library tab on the bottom right.  

3) Swipe over to the Albums view

4) Right below that, hit Filters and Sort by 'Recently Added'

5) Long Press the album you just added to your library and select 'Like all songs'

The album is now part of the 'Liked Songs' playlist.  This process is the closest thing to the older "My Library" view from previous versions. 

The process above could be improved if we were allowed to 'like all songs' of an album straight from the album page, right next to the Save button. 

Thanks for listening!

Yeah I'm pulling my hair right now trying to find how to just shuffle all my library. The 'Like all songs' approach on every individual album is the only way right now. WEIRD they removed such a basic functionality.

Suggested posts