Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Share Music Via Spotify Anymore

Cannot Share Music Via Spotify Anymore

So for the longest time, I could see a song I liked, choose share, then type the name of my friend in to send them the song through the Spotify messaging system.

I can't do that anymore. 

When I find a song I like and hit share, my Samsung Galaxy S5 pops up with a screen asking "Share Using..." This has a bunch of my apps listed like twitter, facebook, fb messenger, messages, email but it doesn't have Spotify on there. I can't find a way to send a song viz Spotify to anyone from mobile.

To clarify: the internal Spotify "Post to Followers" and "Send To..." pop-up never appears.

This has never been a problem before so I don't know what caused it but any help would be appreciated. 

25 Replies

Yeah I´m having the same problem, it goes right into "share using".

Using a Samsung S6 E

I have connected my account to my Facebook profile in the hopes of being able to post or share a song to my followers, well, the Send button is still grayed out. This is happening from the desktop and from the mobile app. Are we just not allowed to post songs anymore to our followers, we can only share them individually?

Annoyed

Any fix to this? I'm getting something similar on 27/02/2017. On PC, I right click a song to send it to an individual friend. In the past there's been two tabs - "Post To Followers" and one to share with a friend. The latter is now gone and I can only post publicly on Facebook.

Hi folks!

To share a song with a Spotify user, use the Post to button and then "select recipient"
It will ask you, then, to write the user name to send the song and it will also allow to write a message.

Please help me out marking it as a solution of it solves your problem!
😉
Let me know if this was usefull, and if so, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button to help other customers with the same issue.
Currently, I may not be a Spotify employee...
"but someday I'll be Saturday Night!"
😉
Screenshot_2017-02-27-07-06-00.png

Post to all followers:
Followers can allways see what you are listening only using the desktop app.
If you want to share a status while listening to the song you just ise the altenrative "Post to" without selecting the facebook, twitter or tumbler icons.

Please be sure to mark as solution if this helps!
Let me know if this was usefull, and if so, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button to help other customers with the same issue.
😉

I am having the exact same problem. I am connected to FB also - but it says that I have 0 friends that use Spotify (from my FB friends) which I know is very wrong. Long story short, I just want to send a song to a friend on Spotify. We are both following each other. We are both connected to FB and friends on FB. I also cannot choose the other tab that used to be there but since I updated it is gone. If you find a solution please help!

So where do these end up when they're shared? My android app inbox appears to be gone.

Also editing to add that it doesn't seem to matter. There is no option for me to share with a Spotify user through the app using the instructions above. Can we get a quick fix on this?

Hi folks!
Sorry for the late response, I wanted to update my app to be sure I was talking about the latest release for Android.

Ok, let's recap for dhirenman, Jegc, Tinman815 & theartolate...

The "Post to (specific follower)" has been replaced by:
Share / Send to / Select Recepient (name of the follower)

Let me add some screen shots and then I'll tell you how to see your private messages...
😉
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-39-57.png
Screenshot_2017-02-27-07-06-00.png
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-33-42.png

Did the last comment worked for you?

Hope so!

Now, to Post to Followers / Facebook / Twitter / tumblr / any other app in your Android:
Just click Share and it opens a dialog box that will let you share the song and a message to your followers.
Keep in mind that your activity is visible for your premium followers unless you select "private session" at your account's preference.
😉
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-55-02.png
Screenshot_2017-02-27-07-14-12.png

Hi artolater,

The songs that you share with someone or are being shared with you end up at the inbox, which (for some reason) has been moved into a "Profile menu" that is hidden behind the small circle, with your profile picture, at the upper left corner of your android app AT YOUR LIBRARY button.

It's almost like trying to fly to Neverland 😛

Once you get to Neverland... Sorry! The Profile menu, you will see the icons for adding a follower and "message alert" at the upper right corner.
The "message alert" bell is where the inbox is and all the history of messages received.

Let me know if Captain Hook traps you to send a Wild Rescue Mission to get you!
😉
😉
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-35-02.png
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-35-50.png
Screenshot_2017-03-02-17-36-41.png

@Tinman815 / @dele_kat

Please be sure that you have the latest version of the app.

Sharing songs should be available for both premium and free users, so I'm not sure if your app could be outdated.
😉

The inbox icon (and add user icon) are gone from the iPhone app. Not above profile pic anymore. Nowhere to be found. Can't access inbox...
image.png

I don't have the "Select Recepient" option on mobile anymore. I usually share on PC/Mac though but like I said before, I only get the "Post To Followers" option when I right click a song/album and click "Share". I'm in the UK btw, maybe it's a localised thing?

Hi Tin,
I'm connecting from Mexico City using Spotify Premium app on Windows 10.
To share I right click onbthe song and below "Save to Your Music" & "Add to Playlist" I have the "Share..." and "Copy" altenatives.
After clicking "Share" I see both options, Post to Followers / Send To.
I am not familiar with Mac.
Can you please share a print screen?
😉
IMAG2495.jpg

See my screenshots. The "Send To..." option is completely gone and I have no inbox icon in the top right either, next to my name, so I can't access songs that others have sent me. My friend in New Zealand can still send songs.

spotify1.png
spotify2.png

UPDATE!!!
Hi guys, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I have sad news for you...
I just found out that Spotify is replacing the "send to" feature with the social media and other apps sharing alternatives.

It seems not a lot of users engaged on this feature so they are turning the switch off.

So I think Apple users were the ones being updated first on this, and now Android and PC are next.

On the bright side, and side note, I have a friend who always shares music with me and decided to open a Whatsapp Group to keep tracking of the songs. I suggest it as an alternative.

You may find out more info about this update, how to share music alternatives and where to find your old messages, plus an initiative to bring it back on the next link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/m-p/1589566#M17...

So. I guess this case is closed
😕

"You can't always get what you want"
- Rolling Stones
😉

Hi folks,

In my case, the mobile app (Android) never gave me the possibility to share directly with a Spotify user, the button "send" has always been grayed.

Since some weeks I haven't this possibility anymore neither with the Desktop version. So I've been locked out. I cannot share anything except with socal netoworks, Facebook in particular. But I never had a Facebook account and in this way I'm forced to open one.

No good.

Hi Mxaos,

Yes, I will miss that option too, but if you don't want to use facebook, it's Ok.

Is there an specific social network you prefer? Or do you want to share music with an specific Spotify user?

The truth is, most users didn't know about this feature, as it was for premium (at least when I discovered it). So I know we can find an appropiate solution.

😉

Hi,
thank you for your reply.
I use many others social networks that I find more useful and less
mass-critic, like G+, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn,

The idea of sharing music DIRECTLY to another Spotify user INSIDE the
Spotify platfrom itself, doesn't seem to me such an erethical idea.

It's like a FB user should pass through G+ to share something with another
FB user. It's simply silly.

Let me know if you decide to move on that direction.

Regards

Suggested posts