Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 7 No Lockscreen Notifications for Spotify

Have a Samsung S7 edge which just got pushed an update to Android 7 (verizon) and now the lockscreen does not work for spotify. You need to unlock then it shows up in the notifications. Worked fine on Android 6. Please fix this, went through all the ...

• Have a Samsung S7 edge which just got pushed an update to Android 7 (verizon) and now the lockscreen does not work for spotify. You need to unlock then it shows up in the notifications. Worked fine o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

subfolder

hi,can anyone tell me if it's possible to organise my playlists into sub folders at the moment I have 94 playlists but one of the ones I constantly update is towards the bottom if I get sub folders I can arrange into artists / genre etcthis is for an...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, can anyone tell me if it's possible to organise my playlists into sub folders at the moment I have 94 playlists but one of the ones I constantly update is towards the bottom if I get sub folde...
  • ritchie2yk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Viewing friends/followers activity through spotify app?

Is it possible to view what friends and followers are listening to through the spotify app on Samsung S7?

• Is it possible to view what friends and followers are listening to through the spotify app on Samsung S7?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile app play next and search

Sometimes it is impossible to add a song to the "play next" due to poor internet connection eventhough the full play list is available in offline mode. To bypass this issue I have to turn off mobile data for my cellphone (also makes me unable to play...

• Sometimes it is impossible to add a song to the "play next" due to poor internet connection eventhough the full play list is available in offline mode. To bypass this issue I have to turn off mobile ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs won't play

When I'm using Spotify, there are certain songs that won't play. I don't mean the gray, unplayable ones either. I'm talking about ones that simply stay at zero. I've tried reinstalling it and this doesn't help. Anyone know how to fix this?

• When I'm using Spotify, there are certain songs that won't play. I don't mean the gray, unplayable ones either. I'm talking about ones that simply stay at zero. I've tried reinstalling it and this do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't android users queue songs ?

It really bothers me that the only queue option for Android is "Add to up next", because when i queue i usually wan't to queue 3-4 songs. And with add to up next, each song i add erase one another. Please make queue option for Android.. Thanks

• It really bothers me that the only queue option for Android is "Add to up next", because when i queue i usually wan't to queue 3-4 songs. And with add to up next, each song i add erase one another. P...
  • CTS_AE
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezing

Whenever listening to spotify it will intermittently freeze. I have to force close the app multiple times and it still doesn't always fix the problem. This is a serious problem when I'm running or listening to spotify for more than 5 minutes.

• Whenever listening to spotify it will intermittently freeze. I have to force close the app multiple times and it still doesn't always fix the problem. This is a serious problem when I'm running or li...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't disable shuffle function

How can I disable the shuffle button in the android app? Shuffling is a nice feature for songs, but not for audio books...

• How can I disable the shuffle button in the android app? Shuffling is a nice feature for songs, but not for audio books...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I payed $1 for 3 months and its been 5 or 6 months

Hello, i payed for 3 months only one dollar and its been 5 or 6 months... Will it charge me because i used a gift card... Im not sure if this is a glitch but i also am sure that i dont want a $100 bill in my mailbox! Please help me resolve this probl...

• Hello, i payed for 3 months only one dollar and its been 5 or 6 months... Will it charge me because i used a gift card... Im not sure if this is a glitch but i also am sure that i dont want a $100 bi...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

LG sh6 stuttering

HiI'm using spotify on my Moto g4 plus to stream to a LG sh6 soundbar and it is stuttering like crazy... This doesn't happen when I play the file locally. Help!

• Hi I'm using spotify on my Moto g4 plus to stream to a LG sh6 soundbar and it is stuttering like crazy... This doesn't happen when I play the file locally. Help!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific advert freezes spotify

Hi. I am running Spotify on an android tv box (android 5.1.1). Everything is/has been running well apart from one problem that has just started occurring.Spotify freezes up whenever an advert from "weetabix" is posted.the "advert" window appears with...

• Hi. I am running Spotify on an android tv box (android 5.1.1). Everything is/has been running well apart from one problem that has just started occurring. Spotify freezes up whenever an advert from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Serious issue on Xperia Z5!

I am seriously sick of Spotify due to all problems after the last update on my Xperia Z5. Songs doesn't play when I hot play, I try to skip a song, nothing happens and the app itself is ridiculously slow. Sometimes it just shows a black screen for ag...

• Casual Listener
  • I am seriously sick of Spotify due to all problems after the last update on my Xperia Z5. Songs doesn't play when I hot play, I try to skip a song, nothing happens and the app itself is ridiculously ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song menu not work

Hi to everyone! Im a premium member and i have a problem with my song menu.When i try to save or add a song into a playlist the menu go away and not work and the screen return to the album cover. Anyone can help me! Thanks for the reading! Rockon!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi to everyone! Im a premium member and i have a problem with my song menu.When i try to save or add a song into a playlist the menu go away and not work and the screen return to the album cover. Any...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Not receiving phone notifications when listening using earphones

I'm not receiving any of my phone notifications such as text messages, emails, or phone calls when I am listening to Spotify using my earphones. Is this supposed to happen?

• I'm not receiving any of my phone notifications such as text messages, emails, or phone calls when I am listening to Spotify using my earphones. Is this supposed to happen?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Old Playlists lost. Playlists of other user shown. New made playlists deleted again.

Hey Guys,I hope someone can help. Expecially from spotify staff.First, Im using Spotify for almost 2 years and im pretty happy. It does not load sometimes and seems not to have any internet connection, but I am pretty sure you guys working on it.But ...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys, I hope someone can help. Expecially from spotify staff. First, Im using Spotify for almost 2 years and im pretty happy. It does not load sometimes and seems not to have a...
  • Qoes
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Smart T.V not showing Playlists.

So guys I need serious help.I have a Samsung Smart Hub T.V. and Spotify Premuim.For the last two weeks its not been showing my Playlists on the Spotify app on the T.V, it has always shown then up untill a few weeks ago. At first I thought it could ha...

Playlists.png Spotify premuim.png Screenshot_6.png
  • So guys I need serious help. I have a Samsung Smart Hub T.V. and Spotify Premuim. For the last two weeks its not been showing my Playlists on the Spotify app on the T.V, it has always shown then up...
  • maytefg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound distorted with Marshmallow

Hey guys,since there is still no solution on the part of Spotify I think it is time to Open a New thread to this issue in case the old one is set to "fixed".Many others faced the exact same Problem since updating from lollipop to Marshmallow. Even pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, since there is still no solution on the part of Spotify I think it is time to Open a New thread to this issue in case the old one is set to "fixed". Many others faced the exact same P...
  • Ayylmak
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android App
    Sound Quality
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

App deletes downloads everytime SD unmounts

My Android device (Moto G3) randomly unmounts the SD card - which I can live with since I just have to re-mount it.The problem is that Spotify gets all crazy: it auto-selects internal storage as download location and doesn't change back even when the...

• Casual Listener
  • My Android device (Moto G3) randomly unmounts the SD card - which I can live with since I just have to re-mount it. The problem is that Spotify gets all crazy: it auto-selects internal storage as ...
  • danoliveira
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play specific songs

Up until yesterday I was able to play any song I wanted on my tablet device. Did something change to their agreements or terms or did I accidentally do something to my account? Please help if possible. I have an Asus tablet.

• Up until yesterday  I was able to play any song I wanted on my tablet device. Did something change to their agreements or terms or did I accidentally do something to my account?    P...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SHUFFLE Ive found your limits!

SHUFFLE is entirely broken or I've found the limits of how it works.I have set up a playlist of 2900 songs that I love playing. BUT I dont to listen to them in the order I added them. I want to listen to them all in a random order, and it never to re...

• Regular
  • SHUFFLE is entirely broken or I've found the limits of how it works. I have set up a playlist of 2900 songs that I love playing. BUT I dont to listen to them in the order I added them. I want to lis...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes