Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify switch back to mobile phone output when playing via SpotifyConnect and the phone is unlocked

The connection is lost when i unlock my phone via pin or fingerprint.This happens on my Denon AVR-7200WA.If this happens Severin times, I have to restart my phone and Receiver to connect again. This behavior I have for several months.It won't happen ...

• Casual Listener
  • The connection is lost when i unlock my phone via pin or fingerprint. This happens on my Denon AVR-7200WA. If this happens Severin times, I have to restart my phone and Receiver to connect again....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Canciones no reproducibles

Hi everybody i want to know why i cant hear an artist from Korea. He appears but not his songs. Im from south América. I want to know if is something about location or is something wrong with my account. Sorry for the bad english. Thanks and kisses f...

• Hi everybody i want to know why i cant hear an artist from Korea. He appears but not his songs. Im from south América. I want to know if is something about location or is something wrong with my acco...
  • nojams
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm, leave me!

So, millenniums ago I downloaded last.fm, and uninstalled it shortly after, as I found it rather useless. But with last.fm removed, Spotify still gives me the notification "Last.fm Error - Wrong Username or Password."So, curiously as I am, I tap this...

• So, millenniums ago I downloaded last.fm, and uninstalled it shortly after, as I found it rather useless. But with last.fm removed, Spotify still gives me the notification "Last.fm Error - Wrong User...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm scrobble
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle you're drunk..... time to go home....

Shuffle you've been drunk for a long time now, time to go home.... "Spotify’s Shuffle feature is probably the most frequently criticized part of the entire service. It simply doesn’t work for many people, and it hasn’t for a long, long time. No matte...

• Regular
  • Shuffle you've been drunk for a long time now, time to go home....   " Spotify’s Shuffle feature is probably the most frequently criticized part of the entire service. It simply doesn’t work ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Menus Not Working

On the latest update (28/9/16) when I long press a song or tap the 3 dots to get the menu for the song with option such as to go to the artists page or album, add the song to up next etc. None of these options do anything, I press the option that I w...

• Casual Listener
  • On the latest update (28/9/16) when I long press a song or tap the 3 dots to get the menu for the song with option such as to go to the artists page or album, add the song to up next etc. None of the...
  • slipstream42
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the new update

I have not used Spotify for a few days now, so today i discovered the update.When i try to select and song to playlist, the menu just closes and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution to this?

• I have not used Spotify for a few days now, so today i discovered the update. When i try to select and song to playlist, the menu just closes and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or ma...
  • slipstream42
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes

Questions about the mobile app

Hello, i got a few questions about the android spotify app.Why can the mobile version of spotify only shuffle a playlist, while on the pc i can select a specific song? this is really annoying, and on top of that, When i click on shuffle a playlist on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i got a few questions about the android spotify app. Why can the mobile version of spotify only shuffle a playlist, while on the pc i can select a specific song? this is really annoying, and ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream music, only plays downloaded songs.

I have Motorola Moto M phone. My spotify app can't stream any songs unless you download it and its happening both wifi or data. My downloaded songs works fine. Already re-installed and clear cache.

• Visitor
  • I have Motorola Moto M phone. My spotify app can't stream any songs unless you download it and its happening both wifi or data. My downloaded songs works fine. Already re-installed and clear cache.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logged out of spotify randomly

For weeks now i keep getting logged out and honestly im close to switching to another platform. This happens between 2-3 times every week and it can happen at any time and normally when i lose wifi. I am a premium paying customer. There is only 1 oth...

• Casual Listener
  • For weeks now i keep getting logged out and honestly im close to switching to another platform.   This happens between 2-3 times every week and it can happen at any time and normally when i lo...
  • zauvier
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot add songs to my playlists

Hello, I use Spotify on my Android 4.4.2 and a few days ago i started having a problem to add songs to my playlists. I can listen to songs on my smartphone but I cannot add them to playlists, when i click the button nothing happens, the options just ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I use Spotify on my Android 4.4.2 and a few days ago i started having a problem to add songs to my playlists.   I can listen to songs on my smartphone but I cannot add them to ...
  • eisenhorn41
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download for offline playing on data network

Hi.I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network.There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn't change anything at all.Devs should do something about...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network. There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn'...
  • novembernebel
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Again that annoying update / download topic!

Hi,Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but non of the songs are status 'downloaded' though there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stop when phone is locked

So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem.When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and I don't think it's a ram issue since I can use other...

• So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem. When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App freezes up whilst playing downloaded playlist

Your app has once again gone into whirl mode where I simply go to play a downloaded playlist, it freezes during playback and refuses to show me my playlists. I'm only asking for your app to understand its MOST BASIC FEATURE WHICH IS DOWNLOADED PLAYLI...

• Roadie
  • Your app has once again gone into whirl mode where I simply go to play a downloaded playlist, it freezes during playback and refuses to show me my playlists.   I'm only asking for your app to ...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't save to Sd card 32gb

Hi, I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read through a lot of the posts and nothing has worked. I have a 32sd card that Spotify won't save songs to, sometimes it appears in the storage option in the library settings, most of the time i...

• Regular
  • Hi, I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read through a lot of the posts and nothing has worked. I have a 32sd card that Spotify won't save songs to, sometimes it appears in the storage...
  • Cheesetroll86
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing

Hi.Currently whilst listening on my android Moto phone Spotify will randomly pause. It's at different times, sometimes it allows me to play again from the same point. Other times i will have to restart Spotify.I haven't installed any new apps to caus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Currently whilst listening on my android Moto phone Spotify will randomly pause. It's at different times, sometimes it allows me to play again from the same point. Other times i will have to res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pause
    stop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update (google play store, LG G4)

As the title says, my Spotify app on my LG G4 won't download the latest update. It's just stuck endlessly on "loading" and after a while gives an error. Tried restarting phone but it won't help. I'd rather not reinstall the app and have to download a...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, my Spotify app on my LG G4 won't download the latest update. It's just stuck endlessly on "loading" and after a while gives an error. Tried restarting phone but it won't help. I'd ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Edit playlists on android

Hey Spotify people's, I have recently become an android user after being with Apple for years. I have one gripe with the android Spotify app, why can't I edit my playlists??? I can do it on iPhone and iPad and have been able to for ages, but not on a...

• Hey Spotify people's, I have recently become an android user after being with Apple for years. I have one gripe with the android Spotify app, why can't I edit my playlists??? I can do it on iPhone an...
  • Specialworld
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing Music Direct From SD Card

Hi,Basically I am in a bit of a mix up. I have just bought a car which isn't equipled with Bluetooth streaming but it does have an SD Card reading facility. I am just wondering if it is possible to export my Spotify music to an SD Card and then play ...

• Hi, Basically I am in a bit of a mix up. I have just bought a car which isn't equipled with Bluetooth streaming but it does have an SD Card reading facility. I am just wondering if it is possible ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing all playlists in a playlist folder

System info: MotoG3 running Android 6.0.1 and Spotify Premium 8.2.0.788 I have noticed that since some time ago, the option menu entry All Songs disappeared on mobile, which renders me unable to play whole folders of playlists simultaneously. The onl...

• System info: MotoG3 running Android 6.0.1 and Spotify Premium 8.2.0.788   I have noticed that since some time ago, the option menu entry All Songs disappeared on mobile, which renders me ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 22 likes