Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save to external SD card chosen but internal memory used

Solved!

Save to external SD card chosen but internal memory used

Samsung S7 edge, Spotify version 8.4.3.479 armV7, Samsung SDCX 64GB EVO.

I've chosen the external SD card as the storage location for my downloaded songs, and it says it in the Spotify settings as well (see attached photo), BUT, when I check the phone storage settings, Spotify is instead saved in the internal storage (see attached photo).

Any way to fix this? I can't possibly move songs to my SD card because according to Spotify that's the save location anyway. What now?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20170528-075031.png
Screenshot_20170528-075102.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's an error in the way memory usage is reported. If you use a file manager, you'll find there is only the one cache.

See my bug report here. You'll notice they closed the thread because I wasn't prepared to carry on with ever sillier requests when this bug could have been quickly reproduced by the dev team so feel free to start a new bug topic.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

UPDATE:

I  reset the app, cleared cache from both the spotify app and my phone, deleted the spotify data from the option in the app, chose the SD card as my storage location and tried again. Still used my internal storage.

Then I changed the location to internal storage (didn't make sense because it was in the internal storage anyway), but I did it thinking if i did that and then changed back to SD card, everything would be fine. Turns out, when i choose SD card as my location, Spotify is saving it BOTH on the SD card AND the internal storage (so same amount being used up twice). But when the location is only internal storage, it's only saved on the internal storage (which seems like the better option, but how do I get it to be ONLY the SD card...?)

Marked as solution

It's an error in the way memory usage is reported. If you use a file manager, you'll find there is only the one cache.

See my bug report here. You'll notice they closed the thread because I wasn't prepared to carry on with ever sillier requests when this bug could have been quickly reproduced by the dev team so feel free to start a new bug topic.

Suggested posts