Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Play Certain songs

Cant Play Certain songs

So I've never had any problems with Spotify Premium, however, recently I tried playing a song. I clicked the song, yet it wouldnt play. I wouldn't even get the little bar at the bottom. It just wouldnt even do anything. I tried going to the album, but everytime that song came up, it would skip it. I tried adding the song to my que, but it would skip it. I didn't worry about it because I thought "It's only one song, so it doesnt matter". Then, later on, 2 other songs also wouldnt play. Same exact issue as the previous song. So then I try clearing my cache on spotify. I try opening the app afterwards, and it was just a black screen and the app kept crashing. So then I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still cant access these songs. Not sure if this matters, but the songs were BTS- Blood, Sweat, and Tears, BTS-Mic Drop and BTS-Pied Piper. I've played these songs before on the free version of Spotify, so I dont understand why they wont play now that I have Premium.

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

3 Replies

Hey @thegoldenblackn.

Sorry to hear you've had so many inconveniences with the Spotify app.

Sometimes, content is temporarily removed because of licensing changes. Fingers crossed they'll be available again soon.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Update: More and More songs are popping up that I cant play. Makes me not want to purchase another month of Spotify premium. If I can't play music I like, then what's the point of Premium?

I understand the frustration.

Just to confirm, are these songs grayed out on the app or are you getting an error banner when you try to play them?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts