I have Spotify Premium mainly due to the fact that I can listen to music on my phone aswell, but for the past week it has been telling me that I'm in offline mode, which won't allow me to search for songs on Spotify or transfer my updated playlists off of my computer onto my phone. This is extremely inconvinient as I like to have new music on my phone all of the time.
My phone make is the HTC Desire.
Solved! Go to Solution.
So seeing as we weren't getting anywhere here, I found this solution (at http://www.spotify-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1915) and it worked like a charm:
"1. Clear the app data. On your Android device: Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Spotify -> Clear data
2. Uninstall Spotify. In the same screen, tap Uninstall
3. Restart device. While you're waiting, go to step 4 (this is the good part).
4. Retrieve your Spotify username and create your device password. This is DIFFERENT than logging in with your Facebook credentials. The Spotify username is really for OTHER devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, TiVo, etc.) but it'll work like a charm in this case too. Get it here: http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/
5. Reinstall Spotify on your Android device
6. Log in with your SPOTIFY username (NOT your Facebook username). It will likely be 9 digits.
7. Boom, boom boom. Let me hear you say way-oh. http://open.spotify.com/track/2nyr5mKIWFHF6xJdObufdI"
I think I'm in love with the guy that wrote this.