NEXT STEP

External SD card does not show in Spotify Settings

External SD card does not show in Spotify Settings

Plan

Premium

Country
Czech Republic

Device

Sony Xperia X Compact (F5321) (Build number 34.4.A.2.85)

Operating System

Android 8.0.0
Spotify Version
8.4.63.584 armV7

My Question or Issue

I am having a problem to switch my storage to external SD card. Other apps working perfectly fine with this particular SD card and are able to store data there (e. g. maps app).

I tryied several solution presented here in comunity, such as moving com.spotify.music to SD card, restarting app via System Settings, uninstalling (disabling) app in System Settings, restarting phone etc. The only storage I see in Spotify app is internal memory.

SD card has capacity of 64 GB and there is more than 35 GB free space. Spotify app does have all permissions required granted.

I would be gratful for any help. Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey @petrkrejci, thanks for writing!

In this case, it'd be awesome if you could reinstall the app with these steps. This should clear all the app's cache currently stored in your device. If this doesn't help, make sure that your SD is currently formatted as a portable card. In case none of these tips have done the trick for you, it wouldn't hurt to check if your SD card is encrypted. Since Spotify uses its own encryption, an already-encripted SD card could cause some issues. As a last resort, you could try with a different card and check if the app behaves any differently.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Hey @JulianObsidian,
thank you for your tips.

I tryied all procedures you recomended. Unfortunatelly, any of this helped. I still having problem store my offline music on SD card. I actually spent several hours solving this issue and trying several different recomendation. I even contacted Spotify support via chat.

Is there a way how to report a bag, because this is not convinient. I am a user of Spotify and since this problem is here for more than 6 months, I would like to ask for help and I would like to get a fix. This issue is not fixable by any user steps.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Suggested posts