Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

GT S5300: IMPOSSIBLE TO USE SPOTIFY

GT S5300: IMPOSSIBLE TO USE SPOTIFY

Since the last update, i cannot use spotify on my Samsung GT S5300. I paid the big money for my subscription to listen to offline music while commuting/jogging. Listening to music on my phone was ideal in those situations.

Now it's impossible, so I canceled my subscription. Bet many users would rather do that than buy a new phone... So the ultimate looser- sorry to say- will be spotify. Unless they release a NEW UPDATE that solves these stupid compatibility issues, at least for some of the most recent models. I only bought my phone TWO YEARS AGO, so it's really foolish of the team to discontinue their support.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING: ILL BE HAPPY TO PAY MY SUBSCRIPTION AGAIN and have my awesome offline playlist back. PLEASE!

6 Replies

They have announced they are working on adding support for armv6 devices again over on the main topic about this, it's just a waiting game for it to happen.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am facing the same problem.

After long time of using my Galaxy GT-5360 as mainly a portable music player and telephone during walking.

Since the last version of Spotify it will not play anymore. I get the message of having an incompatile device.

Back to the old software version seems not possible.

IF NOT SOLVED SOON THAN I HAVE TO END MY SUBSCRIPTION.

Hello,

Finally after two weeks I downloaded again Spotify Music and

NOW IT WORKS AGAIN ON MY OLDER SAMSUNG S5360

JIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Congrats! I assume Spotify is offering a refund for all customers with ARM 5/6 phones and premium plans for the time they made the service not work, right?

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

You can always ask:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did not receive any refund, but ok I can live with this. For the two weeks only. Assembling the playlists was a lot of work.

I like Spotify anyway. 

Tnx Jack.

Suggested posts