Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds

Hello, When i try to play "my music" spotify stops playing after 5 seconds. It looks like it's reconnecting. Someone got any idea? Thnx

• Regular
  • Hello,   When i try to play "my music" spotify stops playing after 5 seconds.  It looks like it's reconnecting. Someone got any idea?   Thnx
  • SanderV3
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist folder takes very long time to load

Hi @ all, i have a playlist folder with about 320 Playlists in it (one per album), and i like to open the playlist folder selct "all tracks" and push "shuffle" to listen to all of these albums randomly. That works, but i have this issue where i open ...

• Regular
  • Hi @ all,    i have a playlist folder with about 320 Playlists in it (one per album), and i like to open the playlist folder selct "all tracks" and push "shuffle" to listen to all of th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Turning off the app on Android device?

I really like Spotify but I can't figure out how to quit the application when I'm done listening to music on my Android dev ice. Anyone have a clue?

• Casual Listener
  • I really like Spotify but I can't figure out how to quit the application when I'm done listening to music on my Android dev ice. Anyone have a clue?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

premium but still getting ads

I have recently purchased premium and have all features except ad free listening does anyone know how to get rid of them as its the main reason I upgraded

• I have recently purchased premium and have all features except ad free listening does anyone know how to get rid of them as its the main reason I upgraded
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not visible on HTC car app since re-install

I have an HTC one S and have been very happily using spotify to play music in my car for ages. Then I am made to install the new spotify and it does not appear as a music app any longer. May be a spotify problem or HTC I do not care I am on the verge...

• I have an HTC one S and have been very happily using spotify to play music in my car for ages. Then I am made to install the new spotify and it does not appear as a music app any longer. May be a spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android update that screwed me

followed phone direction to update the Android ver. only to find it won't opperate on my phone. After two years of 'can't grumble' usuage. Super jolly spotify response distills to 'sorry mate yr f**k'd'. I can't even reload old version. come on you b...

• Regular
  • followed phone direction to update the Android ver. only to find it won't opperate on my phone. After two years of 'can't grumble' usuage. Super jolly spotify response  distills to 'sorry mate y...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files won't play on my Samsung Galaxy S5 "track is unavailable"

Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been resolved in another thread, but I'm going CRAZY trying to resolve this... I have a premium account. I went into my desktop version and imported some local tracks from my computer. Easy. Then I added them to m...

• Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been resolved in another thread, but I'm going CRAZY trying to resolve this...   I have a premium account.   I went into my desktop version and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android 4.4.3]Touching crossfade slider sends app to background.

I'm using Nexus 4 (4.4.3),Spotify 1.1.0.113 when i touch crossfade slider app closes itself.Any help?

• I'm using Nexus 4 (4.4.3),Spotify 1.1.0.113 when i touch crossfade slider app closes itself.Any help?  
  • AlphaK
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • android 4.4.3
    bug
    crossfade slider
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! I accidentally pressed the 7 days free trial on my tablet ,will i be charged after it ends ?

Hello ,I was on my tablet and I accidentally pressed "7 days free trial" , I went to my subscribitions and it says that once it ends my account will become a Spotify free account. Under "Payment Method" it says "You do not currently have a payment pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello ,I was on my tablet and I accidentally pressed "7 days free trial" , I went to my subscribitions and it says that once it ends my account will become a Spotify free account. Under "Payment Meth...
  • YetiNinja
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

...for anyone that has the Sound Rise alarm clock

I've been having an issue with my Sound Rise alarm clock. I'll start my Spotify play list before I go to bed and set the sleep timer, but when the alarm goes off in the morning it won't connect and resume the playlist to wake me up. Has anyone else e...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having an issue with my Sound Rise alarm clock. I'll start my Spotify play list before I go to bed and set the sleep timer, but when the alarm goes off in the morning it won't connect and r...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Issue - Can't start app after reinstall.

I was experiencing a problem where by Spotify would not download any additional offiline files. It would flash up in the status bar saying downloading 1 of 160 (0%) and then disappear. I had heard that this can be caused by a corrupt database and the...

• I was experiencing a problem where by Spotify would not download any additional offiline files. It would flash up in the status bar saying downloading 1 of 160 (0%) and then disappear. I had heard ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update, Equalizer possibly fixed

I just recieved a 15MB update on Android 4.3 on my S4, and first thing I did was test Spotify with the Equalizer app. To my surpise the EQ seems to work again and doesn't cause Spotify to play without any sound. Let's hope it stays that way

• Music Fan
  • I just recieved a 15MB update on Android 4.3 on my S4, and first thing I did was test Spotify with the Equalizer app. To my surpise the EQ seems to work again and doesn't cause Spotify to play withou...
  • richhemmings
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

Is there a way to connect musicmatch to my spotify somgs?, or is there anoter app that could show me the lyrics?

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to connect musicmatch to my spotify somgs?, or is there anoter app that could show me the lyrics?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with spotify on samsung galaxy s4

I tried every guid i could find to solve my problem, nothing works.. When i reinstall spotify and restarts my phone first, spotify starts, but when i download a playlist it says i dont have space on the device, but i know i have. But the big problem ...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried every guid i could find to solve my problem, nothing works.. When i reinstall spotify and restarts my phone first, spotify starts, but when i download a playlist it says i dont have space o...
  • thisismeto
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play button missing

The missing shuffle play button has been troubling me since I updated my spotify to the most updated version, usually, its at the top of my playlist, now, I can find it nowhere, how could I play my playlist. Plus, after I click on the shuffle play bu...

• Casual Listener
  • The missing shuffle play button has been troubling me since I updated my spotify to the most updated version, usually, its at the top of my playlist, now, I can find it nowhere, how could I play my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Would prefer phone layout rather than tablet mode for in-dash use

I have an in-dash car player that runs Android. It has a 7 or 8 inch screen and is seen as a tablet. For safety reasons when driving, I'd prefer the larger buttons and simplified layout of the phone interface. Is this possible to activate? Thanks

• Regular
  • I have an in-dash car player that runs Android. It has a 7 or 8 inch screen and is seen as a tablet.   For safety reasons when driving, I'd prefer the larger buttons and simplified layout of...
  • quixtonic
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Kit Kat Lock Screen Droid Maxx

I have a Droid Maxx running Kit Kat (v 4.4). I *LOVED* the lock screen that allowed me to skip songs w/o unlocking my phone, but since the update to both Spotify and to Kit Kat, I no longer have the screen. Can anyone help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Droid Maxx running Kit Kat (v 4.4). I *LOVED* the lock screen that allowed me to skip songs w/o unlocking my phone, but since the update to both Spotify and to Kit Kat, I no longer have the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.0.0.70)

What's new in version 1.0.0.70 New: A bold and beautiful new look. New: Even smarter playlists on Browse. New: Save what you love in Your Music. New: Better, faster search results. Fictitious: This app had a dream about you last night. Notes This upd...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in version 1.0.0.70 New: A bold and beautiful new look. New: Even smarter playlists on Browse. New: Save what you love in Your Music. New: Better, faster search results. Fict...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 46 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 46 replies
  • 4 likes

No Sound on Nexus 7

For any song, even ones I have downloaded, Spotify on my Nexus 7 says that a song is playing, but no sound is produced from the headphone jack or built-in speakers. Other apps can produce sound, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify ...

• For any song, even ones I have downloaded, Spotify on my Nexus 7 says that a song is playing, but no sound is produced from the headphone jack or built-in speakers.  Other apps can produce sound...
  • christexaport
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort by date added, by album title -- not by songs in alpha order!

I understand that Spotify recently added the ability to sort playlist tracks from A-Z. However, it baffles me what that really accomplishes! Who wants to really hear songs in alphabetical order? That is most likely the last option a user would pick. ...

• Music Fan
  • I understand that Spotify recently added the ability to sort playlist tracks from A-Z. However, it baffles me what that really accomplishes! Who wants to really hear songs in alphabetical order? That...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes