Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

quickly add album to offline music from playlist?

hi all, is this possible? ie listening to playlist as normal, like current track and want to save the associated album to my offline music. only way i can do it is to save the track, go to my music, then options on that track, view album, then you ca...

• Visitor
  • hi all,   is this possible? ie listening to playlist as normal, like current track and want to save the associated album to my offline music. only way i can do it is to save the track, go ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

current track doesnt show until the home button is pressed

hi all, this has just started to happen. previously when i selected a playlist to shuffle, the current track would appear at the bottom of the screen, and i could tap on it to show the playback screen. im on htc m8 running 4.4.2 thanks dan ...i am us...

• Visitor
  • hi all,   this has just started to happen. previously when i selected a playlist to shuffle, the current track would appear at the bottom of the screen, and i could tap on it to show the pla...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stirlingite3331

my spotify no download more music, says " no space in your cellphone", muy cellphone have 5 gb and my micro 10, i need help

• my spotify no download more music, says " no space in your cellphone", muy cellphone have 5 gb and my micro 10, i need help  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous play button randomly enabled?

Hi,I never do continuous play. I accidentally hit the continuous play icon it once. Now the continuous play button seems turn on randomly from time to time.Regards,Dave

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I never do continuous play. I accidentally hit the continuous play icon it once. Now the continuous play button seems turn on randomly from time to time. Regards, Dave
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved Playlists - Stuttering playback, App is Laggy, Samsung S3.

Hello, I've been having issues with offline playback from my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a long while now, but as I am driving while the playback (or lack of!) occurs from my device, I have been yet to report it. I have been unable to find any specific sol...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I've been having issues with offline playback from my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a long while now, but as I am driving while the playback (or lack of!) occurs from my device, I have been...
  • danchorley
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    Samsung S3
    Stuttering Playback
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playlists

Hello: I created a playlist of over 1100 songs then I pared it down on my android tablet to 500 songs. How do I get my android cell phone to have the 500 song playist instead of the 1100 playlist? Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Hello:   I created a playlist of over 1100 songs then I pared it down on my android tablet to 500 songs.  How do I get my android cell phone to have the 500 song playist instead of the ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTC Bluetooth streaming problem.

I am unable to play (stream ) anything via bluetooth unless it is downloaded to my phone. This is very frustrating , . I would very much appreciat any advice on a solution. many thanks.

• Regular
  • I am unable to play (stream ) anything via bluetooth unless it is downloaded to my phone. This is very frustrating , . I would very much appreciat any advice on a solution.   many thanks.
  • escadavie
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

How is offline music stored?

.I currently download my music from google play but someone told me that he has upto 1000 songs stored with just a couple of gigs of space used. How is this possible as my music is only 400 tracks and takes up over 3 gigs. Is spotify music the same q...

• .I currently download my music from google play but someone told me that he has upto 1000 songs stored with just a couple of gigs of space used. How is this possible as my music is only 400 tracks an...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desyncronised playlist

I use pc client to organise my playlist, and use android client in offline to lisnen them. Problem is: songs I remove from a playlist on the pc wont get removed on the android. Adding new songs works. The playlist is desyncd now with the android havi...

• Casual Listener
  • I use pc client to organise my playlist, and use android client in offline to lisnen them. Problem is: songs I remove from a playlist on the pc wont get removed on the android.   Adding ne...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use downloaded music without internet connection.

Hi, I'm a premium user for three years and am unable to access any music I have downloaded when I'm offline. I have unisntalled/reinstalled the app, removed all offline devices, done absolutely everything recommeneded in the forums over the last two ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm a premium user for three years and am unable to access any music I have downloaded when I'm offline.   I have unisntalled/reinstalled the app, removed all offline devices, done absol...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify on ext sd n part2

Acc to instruction I installed Spotify on ext sd. It worked one day. The it stopped working and since that no way how to place it on ext sd. Tried other card - same result. Photos are on ext sd. Spotify always appears on int storage. I restarted mobi...

• Music Fan
  • Acc to instruction I installed Spotify on ext sd. It worked one day. The it stopped working and since that no way how to place it on ext sd. Tried other card - same result. Photos are on ext sd. Spot...
  • jorden_klwekk
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to upgrade Spotify Premium while abroad

Hi I am currently abroad on Vacation in Vietnam. When I tried to use Spotify it prompted me to upgrade the application, however I am not now gettting an error saying that Spotify is not supported in Vietnam. I am not stuck in a position where I canno...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am currently abroad on Vacation in Vietnam.  When I tried to use Spotify it prompted me to upgrade the application, however I am not now gettting an error saying that Spotify is ...
  • ollie398
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists disappearing

I've read all of the help files and discussion posts with similar problems. Spotify offline playlists randomly disappear, whether I've logged in for 30 days or not, and it's starting to really piss me off. This is why I pay $10 a month, yet I hop in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've read all of the help files and discussion posts with similar problems.  Spotify offline playlists randomly disappear, whether I've logged in for 30 days or not, and it's starting to really ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to sync offline/local files....

When I select "Available Offline" Spotify then begins to download the songs, but I want it to copy them from my computer -- not re-download them all from the internet. Within the desktop version of Spotify, the playlsit is set to "Available Offline,"...

• Music Fan
  •   When I select "Available Offline" Spotify then begins to download the songs, but I want it to copy them from my computer -- not re-download them all from the internet. Within the desktop...
  • mblack101
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some titles aren't available in the offline mode

If I switch to the offline mode of Spotify and want to play a song 'The title is not available' comes up and that happens to 3 songs in my play list. Any helpful solution?

• Casual Listener
  • If I switch to the offline mode of Spotify and want to play a song 'The title is not available' comes up and that happens to 3 songs in my play list. Any helpful solution?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Spotify Play list
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see all my songs

I have many Playlist most are offline ones which all the songs play fine. But when I use the songs tab only around 100 song show when I know I have a lot more than that. Normally it's not a problem but when I want to shuffle all my music I can. Anyon...

• Casual Listener
  • I have many Playlist most are offline ones which all the songs play fine. But when I use the songs tab only around 100 song show when I know I have a lot more than that. Normally it's not a problem ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Greyed out music when SD card music deleted

Dear all I had music saved on my SD card (nothing to do with spotify) but the app added them to my playlist (i guess i had added them at some point but it found the music on my sd card, so used that instead of downloading it). However, to free space ...

• Regular
  • Dear all   I had music saved on my SD card (nothing to do with spotify) but the app added them to my playlist (i guess i had added them at some point but it found the music on my sd card, so...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Default Open

Is it possible to make spotify open filtered by title on my android galaxy s4? Thanks, Jimmy

• Is it possible to make spotify open filtered by title on my android galaxy s4?   Thanks, Jimmy
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

force close when multitasking

Hi, I have been facing the force close issue whenever i am multitasking on my galaxy s3. Is there anyway to prevent the app from being killed by the system?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have been facing the force close issue whenever i am multitasking on my galaxy s3. Is there anyway to prevent the app from being killed by the system? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting playlists

When I sort a playlist in Spotify, yeah it sorts it but when I close the app and open it again the playlist is unsorted. I've had this issue since first started using Spotify. Help?

• Gig Goer
  • When I sort a playlist in Spotify, yeah it sorts it but when I close the app and open it again the playlist is unsorted. I've had  this issue since first started using Spotify. Help?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    Sorting Songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes