Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove favorite artists?

How to remove favorite artists?

I've had a Spotify account when I was younger. I used to like an artist, but I don't anymore. I want to remove them from favorite artists but it doesn't seem to be possible. Please help.
3 Replies

Hey!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

You can go to your Library > Artists, click on the one you want to remove. It will take you to their page where you can click the three dots menu and select "Stop following". From that same page, you'll be able to see all the songs you've liked from the artist and remove them if needed.

Let me know how it goes. 

Anyk17

I already click on "stop following" and I also don't have any Liked songs from them, and still they appear in my Spotify home as "Your Favorite Artists". It has been like this for months, and I never have played their music again (in fact I don't know why they appear there in the first place since I have played music of other artists a lot more times).

Hi there @Avith_Ortega,

Thanks for the reply. It's not possible to influence the algorithm directly and remove artists from it, but everything that you do does have an influence on it. We recommend you continue to listen to your favourite artists, make sure to follow them and add their music to Liked Songs and playlists. The latter has a significant influence on recommendations. This will help the algorithm adjust and better understand your preferences.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts