Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with Connection Confusion between Active2 Watch, Galaxy S20+, and Spotify

Issues with Connection Confusion between Active2 Watch, Galaxy S20+, and Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Galaxy S20 Plus & Active2 Watch

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue 

So I had to replace my iPhone and Series 4 iWatch, which I replaced with a Galaxy S20+ and Active2 watch with LTE.  At first  I thought my downloaded playlist was disappearing, but it would then reappear when working out in the backyard. The song would stop playing, I would then try to reconnect my playlist and the watch would then respond with there was no content. I would then restart the watch and the playlist would return. I think this is because my phone was close by and the watch is getting confused even though I am in standalone mode and Wi-Fi is turned off to save battery power.

My point is I never had these issues with my iwatch and iphone and it is very annoying. Is anyone else having these issues and are there any settings I should adjust?

Turning off my phone seems to be the only thing that works. Which is fine I guess, but, this seems to be a bug either with Spotify or the Samsung products, not sure which.

1 Reply

Hey there @KdavidR1971!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

You could try turning on the ''Show local devices only''-feature from the settings of your phone to try and avoid this.

If that doesn't do it, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts