Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music just stops

Music just stops

I've read the various threads already pertaining to this issue and a few of them state that the problem was solved when a new update came out but i still have the same issue. I have a Droid PRO using Verizon wireless, the music will just stop whether im in the middle of the first song on my playlist or the radio, or after the first song, or at the start of my second song. I have changed my security settings, my battery use settings. I have uninstalled several times but there has been no change. Everythime i uninstall i check to clear the cache but i never have anything cached, its always greyed out.  I can use other services such as pandora, slacker and sticher but Spotify does not work.

current version: 0.5.3.56 (0.8.655.ga9b08536)

it happens on any wi-fi connection as well as 3g...

4 Replies

Have you tried changing the streaming quality? Does it happen if you are playing downloaded playlists?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes, i've tried it on normal, high and extreme, always the same results. It happens on d'loaded playlists as well as the radio, which is my primary source.

I've noticed that if i hit play and let the screen go black, the music will continue for a short time but ultimately stop. However, when i play with the screen (constantly touch something and keep the program active but never disturb the music) the songs continue to play back to back without interruption. Which is why i thought there was an issue with the battery saver trying to shut it off but i no longer think that's the case because i dont have a battery saver app, just the phones settings, i tried in performance mode as well as other settings but again, if im not keeping the screen up and active the whole app just shuts down.

fantastic 'customer service'...

$10/month doesnt buy a chat line or a service desk to call....just a 'community' where one lame response means Mission Accomplished.

Hey 🙂

It does sound like a software issue on your phone, as you pointed out power saving features might be interfering with Spotify. If that is the case then the issue could be outside of the Spotify application. 

Have you tried removing the application, rebooting the phone and then installing from the app store again? 

Also, Spotify do have a dedicated customer service team, if you would like to get in touch just head over to the contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts