Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music starts playing when plugged in to charge

Music starts playing when plugged in to charge

I have a Samsung s7 and have a new issue whereby the phone will start Spotify and begin playing music when put on to charge. This started about two weeks ago. I have had Spotify for several years and this phone for at least 6 months and it has only just started to happen.
I am using official Samsung charging equipment. Wireless charge pad and cable. The issue happens if charging wired or wireless. The phone is not in power saving mode.
3 Replies

Hi hrawal. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Your issue is strange, but have you tried restarting your device and see if that happens again?

If it is, then reinstalling the app is needed for you get the latest version of the app. You can follow the steps here.

If both steps did not work, you may want to get in touch with Spotify directly to help troubleshoot your issue. You can reach out to them here, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on their Facebook page.

Thanks,

marlonespi

Thanks for the reply.
Have tried restarting phone which hasn't worked.

Not too keen on reinstalling app as it the past this has meant having to tefownliad any offline music which is a pain. If this is the possible solution then i have to try it i suppose.

If you're hesitant to reinstall the app, you may then try reaching out to Spotify directly as they may have alternate options to troubleshoot your issue.

Though I'm afraid they may recommend reinstalling the app first before anything else. You can just sync them again though it may take ample time if you have a bunch of awesome tracks 🙂

Thanks,

marlonespi

Suggested posts