Music stops playing randomly

Music stops playing randomly

Piotr323
Casual Listener

Spotify just randomly stops playing (like every 5-10 minutes online). I've read that memory should be cleared or it might be connection problem. I don't think so, as it is happening on different wifi networks (mobile network as well). I'm using galaxy s3 which is brand new, for sure there is enough space. I'm not facing problems with other audio applications, as radio for example.

Is there a fix for that? I'm really enjoying spotify, but with this bug it's impossible to use...

17 Replies

Re: Music stops playing randomly

Joe
Community Legend

What OS version? Is this happening with streamed music or music available on the android device?

Piotr323
Casual Listener

Android 4.1.2.

It occurs when listening on stream. I started using spotify so I don't have too many tracks offline, anyway with those few I didn't notice any problems.

Merik
Community Legend

I have the same issue! The audio will just go out but the music still plays, but sometimes it just keeps starting the song from the beginning with no audio. I've tried everything, from switching WiFi networks to using a task killer and restarting Spotify. 

Model: Nexus 4

Android Version: 4.2.2

Spotify Version: 0.6.5.183

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Joe
Community Legend

@Piotr323 wrote:

Android 4.1.2.

It occurs when listening on stream. I started using spotify so I don't have too many tracks offline, anyway with those few I didn't notice any problems.

Hey. If this happens only when streaming then it sounds like communication issues rather than a problem with spotify. Are you streaming over wifi or 3G/4G? Do you still get dropouts when you switch to a lower quality setting? My ISP (Vectra) is terrible and sometimes I have to switch over to 4G when streaming which always fixes dropouts in the music.

Joe
Community Legend

Have you tried a clean reinstal

@Merik wrote:

I have the same issue! The audio will just go out but the music still plays, but sometimes it just keeps starting the song from the beginning with no audio. I've tried everything, from switching WiFi networks to using a task killer and restarting Spotify. 

Model: Nexus 4

Android Version: 4.2.2

Spotify Version: 0.6.5.183

l, Merik?

Merik
Community Legend
I've tried using WiFi and my data. Although, I just switched to Spotify Premium and I haven't had any issues since...go figure! I'll post again if the issue arises. Thanks for your help though!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Joe
Community Legend

Good luck :)

Piotr323
Casual Listener
Afrer few phone restarts music is playing stable from stream. On the same Wifi or mobile network.

Merik
Community Legend

Bumping my post. It's been happening again... a lot actually. It's not just my phone either, my mother who also has the same phone, same network, and Spotify subscription notices the same problem. We can have full bars with a data connection and Spotify will refuse to keep a steady connection. I'll have to restart Spotify completely just to get it to work correctly. It's also been displaying the no internet connection message at the bottom of the screen... when on WiFi and/or mobile data.

SUGGESTED POSTS