Plan

Premium

Country

Device

s22

Operating System

android

My Question or Issue

Question in the subject. Spotify (and only spotify) will start playing when connected to and disconnected from any bluetooth device. Autoplay options in settings are already turned off, including on this device and on other devices. App updated, unistalled, and reinstalled, no success.

8 Replies

Hi @Qa743!

This behavior seems to be related to the particular device you're connecting your phone to. For example, when I'm at home and I connect my phone to my integrated amp (or earbuds) via Bluetooth, Spotify doesn't start playing automatically when I open the app. However, if I'm connected to my car's head unit, it will continue the playback as soon as I open the app.

Currently, there isn't a toggleable setting for this, but you can check out this idea about implementing a similar feature and show your support by giving it a thumbs up and sharing your feedback. You can also check your Android Auto settings and disable Automatically resume media.

As for the Autoplay feature, it pretty much generates a new queue when the current one ends so that the music keeps on playing. You can find more info here.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When you connect to any Bluetooth devices, the app starts playing the last song selected on previous session and there is no way to let the user decide if start to play music automatically or not.

Please add this functionality

I dont want it to autostart in car or via ear buds. in my car and i click media it automatically starts spotify, I click on my buds and it starts spotify!
I want it to start when I open the app

When I get in my car , Spotify immediately starts up.
I want this to stop please

Plan
Premium

Country
USA

Device
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Operating System
Android 13

My Question or Issue

I am having issues getting Spotify to stop autoplaying in my car when connects to bluetooth. I have gone into settings and turned off everything related to autoplay. There is no setting in my spotify app for autoplay. Just a setting to turn off autoplay next song. This is getting really annoying having my Spotify app auto play everytime it connects to bluetooth in my car. Help fix this please!

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

Samsung Galaxy22 ultra

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Whenever I'm listening while driving home it will switch from the playlist to a "reccomended for you" list that seems to be related to the playlist I was listening to, but Playa a ton of songs not on the list. The playlist hasn't finished playing all the songs, and it's not the smart shuffle and it SHOULDN'T be "autoplay similar content" because again, it hasn't finished playing all my songs. It just switches. Can this be fixed?

It wont let me add screenshots but I watched it change as i was sitting at a red light.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Whenever my phone is connected to the bluetooth in my car, Spotify starts playing as soon as I open the app. This doesn't happen when I'm listening on wired headphones, bluetooth headphones, or through the phones speaker. I have car mode off and Android Auto doesn't even work with this car. Is this intended? It only started after I updated the app a couple weeks ago.

Suggested posts