Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android update?

New Android update?

Hi!

Can someone care to explain what happened to the app in the recent update or something. It has gone from okay app to looking like a cheap iOS ripoff on an android phone. Is this how its supposed to look from now on?
Screenshot_20161103-073547.png
9 Replies

Oh cool, a lot of android users want this and having the same UI across mobile devices makes sense from the users' point of view. Just wondering what version of spotify you're using (is it a beta) or whether this is something they're just rolling out to a small number of users for testing?

I quite like the look of that UI. What version is that? Unless I'm mistaken the latest version from play (which I removed because it was awful) did not look like that.

I guess it looks alright, but the slide to right menu was a better option than having a permanent bottom strip. It takes up too much space.

Also here is the version number, dont think I am in the beta so probably a gradual roll-out. I am a swede so that might explain being in the first wave.
Screenshot_20161106-004157.png

Thanks for that. Yes it looks like they're testing. I take your point about the loss of screen, especially as you also have those soft buttons at the bottom.

Its even worse when playing a song, there is another permanent strip at the bottom... Whoever thought this was good UI/UX has got to be mad! Luckily its just testing so maybe they see this and realise it doesnt look good, but I doubt it since I never asked for this test and I cant even give feedback on it.

Between this and their recent **bleep**ups with disk drive activity and their new terms I am seriously considering stop using Spotify, and this is coming from a user that has gone through the whole journey Spotify has done.
Got an invite a couple of months after they launched and kinda sad to see whats happening lately

Screenshot_20161106-175558.png

That screen looks very cluttered to me 😞

Its not only cluttered but its also very confusing when almost every other modern app on an Android phone has material design language as their UX language. The settings button is buried at the top left corner in "Your Library" not like before when you could swipe it and have access to it.

why can I not move the progress bar anymore ? this is THE most frustrating thing I've come across. WHY the duck would you remove this feature.? seriously who in their right mind would take this basic feature and bin it off. I'm so angry! and need answers!!
Capture+_2017-07-22-07-59-13.png

I'm unable to sign in with the new up date they are messing with my peace.... how can go back to other version?

Suggested posts