Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Nokia 7+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps getting stuck on the current track (usually a podcast) - I have to clear the app data completely to fix it. I've recently done a complete fresh reinstall of Spotify too

3 Replies

Hey @podcats,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

To clarify, when you mention a fresh install, do you mean that you went over the steps in this guide? They’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to make sure that the app has all necessary permissions and is excluded from any battery and storage optimization services.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate this behavior with the podcasts downloaded and the app manually set in offline mode? You can learn how to do this here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks @Mihail

I followed the guide the first time, and I had to do a complete fresh reinstall to fix the issue.

The 2nd time I wiped the app data and it resolved the issue without having to completely refresh. 

I'll see if i can reproduce and update the thread.

Hey @podcats,

Thanks for keeping us on the loop.

The way you resolve the issue indicates that something is interfering with the app' cache on your device. Keep in mind that sometimes this can be done by battery and storage optimization services that come preinstalled with your device.

Let us know how things develop. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts