Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ok google, dosen't work propperly with Spotify, any suggestions?

Ok google, dosen't work propperly with Spotify, any suggestions?

Hello, so im a Nexus 6p user and i lately started using google asistant, and the thing is that whenever i tell it to play a certain song, lets say "Play Notorious BIG, Big Poppa on Spotify" it tells me "Sorry, choosing songs is only available to Spotify Premium subscribers.But give this Spotify Big Poppa station a go." Even tho im a premium user, i chcecked it, soo what is the case, sth with settings? Anyone ever encountered this?
Sorry if this topic is somewhere burried here, but i didnt see it, maybe didnt search well.

9 Replies

This is a new one on me. I've seen other complaints that GA launches spotify but doesn't start music playing. I recommend you report this issue direct to the support team. Let me know what happens.

I have the exact same problem on my Google Pixel 1. In Google Assistant's "Music" settings, the Spotify option is shown but it states that only "Spotify Free Active" services are available. It doesn't seem to recognize that you have a premium Spotify account. This glitch only occurs when asking Google Assistant to play an individual song on Spotify, however, if you ask to play a Daily Mix, a Playlist, and Album... that works just fine.

Same here...any fixes?

Remove the link to Spotify from your Google Home app and re-add it. Worked wonders for me.

Was there any resolution to this.  Got a car with AA and choosing specific songs worked fine when I had my OnePlus5T.  Now with a Pixel 2 I have this same issue.  Only when I want a specific song, like yourself...

I have exactly the same issue, only I experience it with albums also.

If I say, for example "play Magazine by Heart on Spotify" I get the dreaded 'playing albums is only available to spotify subscribers' error, then my Google Mini will offer me a playlist as consolation.

The Home app only offers me a Spotify free service to link, yet I have Spotify premium.

Were there any fixes for this?

No. I even had a support ticket. They gave me one of their test accounts to
definitely working in Jan/Feb when I bought my new car with AA but an
update along the way broke it's functionality. I have not pursued a ticket
with Google support.

I don't think there is a fix as of yet. I have switched to Google Play Music back in January primarily because of that glitch.

Cheers

This worked just fine. Thanks man!

Suggested posts