Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No aparecen las canciones descargadas

Hace dos semanas adquiri un MOTO E4 con Android 7.1.1 entonces como cualquier tiempo normal descarge todas mis canciones para escucharlas de modo offline (soy usuario premium en un paquete familiar) entonces hasta ahi todo perfecto, pero cuando agreg...

• Visitor
  • Hace dos semanas adquiri un MOTO E4 con Android 7.1.1 entonces como cualquier tiempo normal descarge todas mis canciones para escucharlas de modo offline (soy usuario premium en un paquete familiar) ...
  • Vladimir96
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify taking up 5GB with 'Offline Mode' turned off

Why is Spotify taking up 5GB or more with 'Offline Mode' turned off? I have to clear cache every week to get my space back, it's ridiculous! I'm suprised the app doesn't have a limit option for how much cache data Spotify can take up (or) an option t...

• Why is Spotify taking up 5GB or more with 'Offline Mode' turned off? I have to clear cache every week to get my space back, it's ridiculous!   I'm suprised the app doesn't have a lim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify continuous crash

Hi guys, My spotifu keeps crashing whenever I open it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling it but it works only for a couple of hours, then it goes back to continuous crashing. My device is a Google Pixel 2. Please help me out on this, i need my music....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   My spotifu keeps crashing whenever I open it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling it but it works only for a couple of hours, then it goes back to continuous crashing. My device is a ...
  • Chokehold
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't Pause

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceHTC One m8, HTC 10, Samsung Galaxy s8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 Oreo My Question or IssueWhen I press the pause button in the Spotify Android app, it often does not respond and the song keeps playing for up to a ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device HTC One m8, HTC 10, Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System Android 8.0 Oreo   My Question or Issue When I press the pause button in the Spotify An...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Taylor Swift error

Unable to play any of her songsPlanFree/PremiumCountry BrasilDeviceMoto G5s PlusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Error when I try to play taylor swift

• Visitor
  • Unable to play any of her songs Plan Free/Premium Country  Brasil Device Moto G5s Plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Error when I try to play taylor swift
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song plays upon clicking.

Whenever I filter a playlist, for a certain artist persay, when I click the song I want to listen to it doesn't play the song I'm clicking, it plays the song that would have been in that spot as if I had never set a filter. Phone is a Galaxy S9+ and ...

• Regular
  • Whenever I filter a playlist, for a certain artist persay, when I click the song I want to listen to it doesn't play the song I'm clicking, it plays the song that would have been in that spot as if I...
  • KJenkins23
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • click
    filter
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Kindle fire: Suddenly no link to podcasts in Library

Up until about a month ago, when I went to my Library in the Kindle Spotify app, there was a link to podcasts. But now, even when I follow one, that link is no longer there. What's going on? I still have it on my Samsung Galaxy 7.

• Regular
  • Up until about a month ago, when I went to my Library in the Kindle Spotify app, there was a link to podcasts. But now, even when I follow one, that link is no longer there. What's going on? I still ...
  • muharana
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Deleted Library and Playlists

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceMotorola G5sOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I got logged out of the app for some reason and I relogged in and all my saved songs and Playlists are gone. Am I the only person this happened to? Thabks in ad...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Motorola G5s Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I got logged out of the app for some reason and I relogged in and all...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Radio Option on my Spotify App

I keep trying to find the radio button on my app, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus if that matters, but I do not see it anywhere. The top right only has the gear icon for settings and the bottom has home, search, your playlists, and premium. Am I comp...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep trying to find the radio button on my app, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus if that matters, but I do not see it anywhere. The top right only has the gear icon for settings and the bottom has h...
  • _86ib-a95e1i5
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

"Spotify keeps stopping" On Samsung Galaxy s7

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy s7Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Everytime I tap on the spotify app it just keeps giving me the error message "Spotify keeps stopping." I can't even open the app at this point. I tried c...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy s7 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Everytime I tap on the spotify app it just keeps giving me the erro...
  • fanteSmauet
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to see my own profile

So, Im using android, Samsung Galaxy On5 and an updated version of spotify. This problem recently happened after I updated it. When I opened the app, I no longer see the profile icon in the top right corner. When I reinstalled the app, it reappeared ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, Im using android, Samsung Galaxy On5 and an updated version of spotify. This problem recently happened after I updated it. When I opened the app, I no longer see the profile icon in the top right...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist restarts after one song no matter what

This playlist always restarts from the beginning after a single song every time. https://open.spotify.com/user/1264501967/playlist/33MGoclKUyPGKgrlcNEdFl?si=tsrInGBgRsWfU9o7cneIMA After restarting, the songs play/queue as expected. When shuffle is on...

• Casual Listener
  • This playlist always restarts from the beginning after a single song every time. https://open.spotify.com/user/1264501967/playlist/33MGoclKUyPGKgrlcNEdFl?si=tsrInGBgRsWfU9o7cneIMA After restarti...
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Since Support is absolutely useless. Maybe someone here will know what's going on.

I used to have my Spotify connected to my Google home. Sold it a long time ago and now someone is somehow accessing it and playing without having my phone? It keeps showing a connection to the speaker and the song keeps changing. I changed passwords ...

• I used to have my Spotify connected to my Google home. Sold it a long time ago and now someone is somehow accessing it and playing without having my phone? It keeps showing a connection to the speake...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme streaming gone

Hi, Don't know if this has been mentioned but since the update yesterday the 'extreme' quality option for streaming is gone, the highest now is 'very high' PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 plusOperating SystemAndroid

• Hi,   Don't know if this has been mentioned but since the update yesterday the 'extreme' quality option for streaming is gone, the highest now is 'very high'   Plan Premium Device Sa...
  • 4ew62ux0l4321vq
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify App keeps crashing and Spotify doesn't care :)

The App keeps on crashing on every Android Device and Spotify Staff and Developers seem to not care. Im a Premium User since 2013, to be honest i am really p*ssed. I am paying for a Service that i can not acces. Thanks

• Regular
  • The App keeps on crashing on every Android Device and Spotify Staff and Developers seem to not care. Im a Premium User since 2013, to be honest i am really p*ssed. I am paying for a Service that i ca...
  • ZW3RG
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

How can I order my playlist by artist then have the album's in name order?

For the longest time my playlist has been ordered by the artist, then the album name with the songs ordered the way the album was set by the original artist. But for some reason today my playlist on my phone has ordered itself by artist then by song ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the longest time my playlist has been ordered by the artist, then the album name with the songs ordered the way the album was set by the original artist. But for some reason today my playlist on ...
  • matipiemontese
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

My app doesn't work properly

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy s8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI cannot change, play or pause tracks on the app since last night. Sometimes the app doesn't even load. What should I do. Any help would be appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue I cannot change, play or pause tracks on the app since last night. Some...
  • justmekiko
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded songs won't play after reinstalling Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 4XOperating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or Issue I have an offline library of about 2000 songs, which take about 20 GB off my SD card, since most of the time I don't have access to the internet.My...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Israel Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue   I have an offline library of about 2000 songs, which take a...
  • alonhartman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Download bug
    Download Playlists
    Premium
    Reinstalling
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Shuffle stops after choosing a song

This didn't used to be a problem. If I have my music on shuffle but decide to choose a specific song to listen to, the shuffle function is then cancelled and my music begins playing in order. I couldn't find any settings to change this, so how do I p...

• Music Fan
  • This didn't used to be a problem. If I have my music on shuffle but decide to choose a specific song to listen to, the shuffle function is then cancelled and my music begins playing in order. I could...
  • Roosn92
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist not sorting as it does on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hi,On my Desktop app, when I sort my playlist by Artist, it lists the artists alphabetically, followed by their albums alphabetically, and all albums list th...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Hi, On my Desktop app, when I sort my playlist by Artist, it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes